Sufrexal magic Mexico cream

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Sufrexal magic Mexico cream

Postby Elphie » 14 Apr 2011, 10:22

I wasn't gonna say it, but I gotta say it! It's definately helping! By 11 am most pain is gone! I know I'm not close to healed yet I feel like it's started after all this time! It could b a coincidence, could b that I started taking magnesium, but I've been using the sufrexal for 9 days and I am feeling much better! There... I've said it. Now if it all goes wrong tomorrow I'll know it's because I JUST HAD TO SAY IT! I'm supposed to use this stuff for fifteen days so I'll let u know how it is tuesday...the Mexican pharmacist told my mom this stuff will heal any wound. We will see...
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Re: Sufrexal magic Mexico cream

Postby ss616 » 14 Apr 2011, 10:39

are you applying it only or also some other ointments? Were you someone who suffered just pain during BM due to the AF or also spasm pain for hours after?
Questions, questions!
ss616
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby alpinestrawberry » 14 Apr 2011, 11:35

YES!!! I'm so glad for you!
Of course, I'm assuming you still want the surgery, but I think it's great to get as healed as you can be before you do it. Then you have less to heal after.
Sufrexal sounds like one awesome cream. Does it relax the sphincter at all, or just act as a wound healer? And again, why the heck don't we have it here? So annoying. A few months ago I probably would have done anything to get some.
I'm so glad for you!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Elphie » 14 Apr 2011, 13:48

Since I have been on miralax, a little over a month, no pain during BM's but a little while after, the burn starts and used to last all day. I stopped using the nifedipine 3 weeks ago because it was starting to aggravate me and was no longer effective. So just the sufrexal, I'm still taking ibuprofen and muscle relaxants but only the morning dose. Frankly, I'm afraid to try a day without the meds til I have to, seven days before surgery. Yes, alpine, I am definately still having the LIS. Just last night I had a terrible thought; what if I heal this baby with the magic cream, doc gets me on the table, sees the fissure healed and decides NOT to operate while I'm asleep and unable to grab him by the scrubs and DEMAND he do it regardless?! Oh, we AF sufferers really can work ourselves into a tizzy, eh? Well, he better not he has no idea the wrath he will face!!
I will say that this stuff doesn't stop pain or spasms at all but I think it's healing just the same, am thinking of starting nifedipine again and alternate. As I said before, it could b the magnesium stopping the spasms I don't know but whatever....if it's even better by next week I'll b convinced it's the cream.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 14 Apr 2011, 17:34

I'm so glad the sufrexal is helping with the healing :D
And I'm sorry it doesn't get rid of all your pain Image
I think Alpine's right - the more you heal now, the less you will likely have to heal after the surgery.
Seven days to surgery! You're so close - we're on countdown-to-surgery for you now! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 16 Apr 2011, 18:10

My surgerys actually on the 28th but I have to stop all pain meds for 7 days before. I'm worried about that!
Anyway, last few days have been my usual pain so although it's seems a little better I don't think the cream is magic anymore but I have 4 days left so I'm trying to b optimistic. I have been extra busy for my three yr old's birthday so maybe that's why...plus I admit on Thursday I ate ALL the pieces I had to cut off the chocolate cake to make it butterfly shaped o it was yummy! 12 days to go!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 17 Apr 2011, 06:55

Happy birthday to your three-year-old! I'm so glad you got to enjoy the chocolate cake (yum!). You moms are really heroic. I can't imagine how I'd be able to look after a little one in the shape I'm in. I'm so sorry the cream isn't helping you anymore and I do hope that going off the meds doesn't cause you too much grief. Twelve days to suregery isn't as good as seven days, but it's still something to look forward to (in an anxiety-inducing kinda way!). I'm not sure what to expect for my follow-up on May 10. I'm actually worried that the doc will say I should just keep using the dilt. On the other hand, I'm also worried that the doc will say I need surgery! Good grief! What a life! I'm so glad you've got a date set and you know what you are facing. I know that going off the meds and getting the surgery causes a lot of anxiety, but I'm also so happy and excited for you, since it looks like the end is in sight for you soon. Hang in there!
Deleted User 579

Postby alpinestrawberry » 17 Apr 2011, 12:42

Yes, you hang in there Elphie! I remember having to stop the pain meds for the week before the surgery. :(
That was when I caught the flu so the timing couldn't have been worse. Murphy's law, I guess.
I think you're going to do great! If I had to do this all over again I would, in a heartbeat. I'm feeling so much better these days. And I know you will too!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby happyass » 02 May 2011, 11:36

hi elphie,
i am so glad you were able to get some use from the Sufrexal.
it worked well for me.
however, as i guess from what i am reading in your post, is that no matter what we try to do to help our bodies, if the BM is gonna come out like a bratty child, kicking and fighting, we are gonna rip!
i was healing super well with the Sufrexal - mostly i was using it for my post-skin tag opening - and it helped so much but due to the position of my skin tag, it was in a location that was prone to lots of stretching at BM time so it was very, very difficult to heal.
i only used the Sufrexal for 15 days and didn't afterwards. however, i did think it made a difference for me. there were no side effects that i could tell.
i certainly had benefit from diltiazem in a different way in the sense that it truly relaxed the muscle down there.
the sufrexal was ideal in that it aided with wound healing.
why they don't make a compound of both meds to treat this issue is something that puzzles me! maybe less money for the fiber/CRS/pain meds industry.
congrats on your successful surgery and may you take it easy healing.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74