My skin tag removal is killing me....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

My skin tag removal is killing me....

Postby frustrated » 05 May 2011, 12:38

I am 10 days post Lis and skin tag removal and the skin tag site is driving me crazy. I don't know what to do...I talked to the nurse at my CRS's office and she said it sounds like fluid buildup around the tag site. She said to keep taking the baths and I have...4-5 a day.
A little TMI coming up here:
Last night my left cheek near my sphincter was so tight and I pressed on it and a pus-like discharge came out of...I don't know where, the tag incision site? my anus? It is too swollen to see exactly. It definately relieved some of the pressure I was feeling, but there is a big swollen pea-sized area that is tender and exposed and can't be soothed in the bath.
I am uncomfortable in any position. I spent the whole day in bed yesterday, but that didn't seem to help.
Should I be walking around instead?
I am in more pain now than when I first came home.
My boyfriend and I looked at it and it doesn't looked infected, just raw.
I haven't taken any pain pills because of possible constipation, but I am thinking about it.
Can someone help me?
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: My skin tag removal is killing me....

Postby Deleted User 579 » 05 May 2011, 13:02

Hey Frustrated - I'm really sorry you are having such trouble! I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I would really have your doc look at it. The pus-like substance may very well be pus, in which case it is infected. A number of boardies here ended up getting treated for abscesses/infections that they didn't think they had. In most cases, this was not a big deal. If you catch an infection or abscess early, it is so much easier to treat. Why take a chance? Get it looked at! If it's nothing, great ... if it is an infection, then you will have caught it early.
Good luck! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby alpinestrawberry » 05 May 2011, 13:42

Frustrated...sorry you aren't healing as well as you'd like...I do agree with Hope though, pressure and pus don't sound normal. I would just have the doctor take a look, even if it turns out it's nothing, maybe he can give you a topical for the pain.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Elphie » 06 May 2011, 08:10

I had no problems with hard stool with the painkillers, I took an extra half dose of miralax at dinner and bedtime and in 7 days, never had a hard stool. Maybe try some of the triple polysporin, it's got antibiotic and helps with pain, I put a little on every morning since LIS and I don't know, but I think it helped. If there's pus, there's definitely an infection of some sort, if u can't see a doc soon I would try it. There were no side effects for me. I hope u find a solution soon. Sorry you're still in pain.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby mbpaul » 06 May 2011, 17:59

Sorry to hear you are not doing too well. Hope you decide to take the advices to immediately go see your CRS. Pus does not sound like a good thing. Reading your post reminded me of one aspect of the pre-surgery discussion with my CRS. He told us that before doing the LIS he'd be checking the area to see if there was any abscess or infection as, if he found any, he'd have to also address those too. The CRS told my wife that immediately after surgery he'd call her to deliver two messages: The success of the surgery; and the presence or absence of infection. Luckily for us, there was no infection. The point is INFECTION IS A BIG DEAL TO BE DEALT WITH PRONTO!!!!!!!!
mbpaul
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Bambi » 07 May 2011, 07:48

I agree with everyone , frustrated. You should get this looked at because it is probably something that can be addressed pretty easily with an antibiotic or something. I have had to call Dr's offices too many times lately (both for myself and now with my husband) and I think sometimes they have to be really alerted to how much pain you are in and the fact that there is a pus-like oozing. I hear my husband talking to the nurse when they finally call back and he's downplaying his pain or whatever- don't do that. Call back and say exactly what is going on and say "I want to see my CRS as soon as possible, please. I think I may have an infection."
I am the most wimpy person on the phone with Drs you have ever heard and get intimidated easily so I can't believe I'm the one giving out such advice. Just fresh on my mind! Good luck and hopefully you have already been able to see someone.
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72