3.5 months update post LIS/skin tag removal/HPV excisions

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3.5 months update post LIS/skin tag removal/HPV excisions

Postby happyass » 02 May 2011, 11:49

hi everyone,
my thoughts and prayers are with you all, no matter if i am here or away from the boards.
just had to share an update.
had my 3.5 month visit with the CRS this morning, dreading the anoscope part of the exam since things were feeling pretty good.
at 3.5 months, i can say that i am very happy with things so far.
it took about 2.8 - 3 months for the skin tag to actually heal up and the area to feel like it was a normal butt. yes, it was not easy being patient with that particular area as it felt like it was taking forever to close up - and because it was in a place that would always stretch upon BM - it did need a lot of time to heal. there were no sutures for my skin tag - it was left open to heal.
i don't have any bleeding at all. that was never an issue post LIS.
however, on occassion - like every 2 weeks, i do get a funky BM that doesn't necessarily have to be hard but can be thin and sticky or soft and runny to down right packed with big pockets of air that shoots them out - and causes some sort of irritation and maybe a pain level of 2 on a 10 scale. the feeling lingers afterwards as a dull sore but nothing difficult to deal with and only lasts for that day if even that long. i am going to simply just be at the mercy of my body and its processing of foods....if it comes out that way, then that is the way it is.
so to recap, my examination this morning with the CRS, her finger insertion was fine. no issues there. she palpitated and everything to her felt very good.
then came the anoscope and altho i tensed up and clinched that thing, she moved it around with ease looking everywhere and there was no pain.
i was very pleased finally with that. she confirmed the skin tag and fissure have both closed and healed. she could see where i had a slight irritation from my previous BM but that is was nothing concerning.
i don't want to say that i am healed yet.
as i said, i have a slight irritation every 2 weeks or so and well, i am giving myself a complete six months to be completely back to normal. funny though, it will be weird to finally get there as i haven't been normal for more than 7.5 years or so.....
it all feels good.
i have to keep seeing her for a full year for HPV detection and to keep that in check. nothing was present visually and tactically today.
all i can say, for those with skin tag excisions, please be very patient!!!!
happy to all of you,
happy
Last edited by happyass on 02 May 2011, 15:06, edited 2 times in total.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: 3.5 months update post LIS/skin tag removal/HPV excisions

Postby happyass » 02 May 2011, 11:50

oh, i have to add that the CRS claimed that my butt now looked like a normal butt!
why, thank you!
happyass
King Fissure

Postby frustrated » 02 May 2011, 13:21

Thanks so much for the update Happy...I am happy for you that your healing has progressed so well!
My skin tag is giving me some trouble but you've made me calm down a bit.
The CRS was a little vague before surgery when I asked him how long it take the skin tag to heal. Probably didn't want to disappoint me? He did say it would take longer than the fissure.
Thanks again for the info....
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Deleted User 579 » 02 May 2011, 13:47

Hello Happyass - congratulations on your "normal" butt!
Thanks so much for the update - it really helps to know what happened to the folks who were here earlier. I really appreciate it when people take the time to come back and share their experiences. Image
I'm so glad you're feeling better! Do you regret getting the skin tag removed? Did the skin tag site hurt for the whole three months?
Deleted User 579

Postby happyass » 02 May 2011, 15:12

hi frustrated and hopetoheal!
good things await you.
i was very scared of getting the skin tag removed, moreso than having the LIS done.
the amazing thing, and very puzzling thing to me, is that the removal of the skin tag post-op never caused me any pain or bother. i was like, why didn't i do this much sooner or why did i wait this long.
the skin tag aggrevated a lot of things for me from 2008 and forward. having it removed, i thought it would be painful.
but it was quite opposite.
really, i wasn't in any pain at any point from all the excisions down there. i was more anxious and more stressed out over the retearing of the area where the skin tag was.
see, it would want to close but soon as i had a BM every 3rd or 4th day, it would pop open and it would hurt because it was sorta like trying to close up but it would get stretched and 'pop'!
i was almost convinced that was never going to close properly, thus a bit stressful.
but it never caused me pain or discomfort. i think as the skin was trying to close, it felt tight and like it was pulling.
getting rid of the skin tag was the best thing of the whole surgery. the other procedures were essential too.
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 579 » 02 May 2011, 15:32

Hey Happyass - I can definitely see how that would get frustrating and anxiety-inducing! I'm so glad that all the incisions are healed. I'm so happy for you. I really hope that I can be where you are very soon myself, although I know you still have some more healing to do.
Thanks again for all the information. Your posts have really helped me cope and your story is very inspiring!
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 02 May 2011, 18:32

Hi happyass! I read your story frequently, it helped me alot! I was wondering if you still think the sufrexal made any difference for you? I used it before LIS and for a few days thought it was working but I guess it couldn't heal with all the spasming going on. My plan, like you, was to try again 2 weeks post op to help with healing but now that you're back for a wee visit I can ask? Should I bother?
I'm so happy u have a happy ass now... I'll b there soon I hope! I hope you
know how grateful we all are that you were here and still come back with updates! Thank you!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby happyass » 22 May 2011, 07:37

hi elphie,
i definitely think that the sufrexal helped.
if you have used diltiazem, i don't know if you noticed a difference. although diltiazem was very good to me, sometimes i felt some odd pressure sensations (very few) down there while doing other stuff (like walking).
with the sufrexal, i didn't feel much of any side effects. what i did notice, is that it made the muscle down there more flexible. so did the diltiazem, but for some reason, the flexibility felt different.
the sufrexal, i felt was doing good on the closing of my skin tag.
i would definitely recommend anyone to try it if they have already done the nitro, diltiazem, and everything else.
i would love to see a clinical trial that would compare each cream separately but also compounding them, maybe dilt+sufr, nitro+sufr, and dilt+sufr+nitro...not sure if that can be done with the nitr but should be able to work with the diltiazem.
again, i am not a doctor so i don't advocate doing that on your own but it is a thought that could lead to some impressive and/or interesting results.
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Elphie » 22 May 2011, 08:03

That sufrexal has made a difference for me, I think, I started using it around ten days post op, before that I was terrified to touch the area, let alone put cream inside but within days of starting it again, all burning and stinging stopped. In fact, I saw my CRS wed for my follow up, and he said if he hadn't cut me himself, he would never know I'd had it done! That made me so happy, I'm still using it but only have a few days left of the 15 days but I feel practically normal! I don't understand why this stuff isn't available here! I have since heard that ketanserin is commonly used by vets and at racetracks to treat minor injuries on horses so if you know a vet...
Thanks for your updates and advice, happyass, my ass is happy now too!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 24 May 2011, 07:49

Hi, anyone knows how to order this sufrexal online?

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?