Fistulectomy on the 27th of May... (UPDATED!)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Fistulectomy on the 27th of May... (UPDATED!)

Postby Elphie » 26 May 2011, 18:59

It's good to hear your doing well, Im at 4 weeks today, I did slot of gardening over the long weekend and my butt is paying me back! I hope the last of your packing comes out without incident, that bruised feeling lasts awhile too, even now if I sit too long in the car, my butt feels like I got kicked. Maybe I pampered it for too long. It also took til last week before I could hang laundry, whenever my hands are over my head it hurts. I had slot of fissure pain from this before surgery as well. It's surprising how the simplest task ppl do on a daily basis affects your butt! I bet ppl without AF have no idea, I know I didn't. I completely understand when you say you tear up sometimes, the day after LIS I read all the well wishes from the boardies and it made me cry. The support I got here saved my sanity I don't know how I ever got by without it! I hope your healing gets better each day, here's to being on the other side of surgery!
Hope, I hope your follow up went well today, I hope you got a different doc than McKenna. I hope your exam was gentle and you didn't cry except with happiness! I haven't been on slot lately because the weeds were taking over my flower beds but I try to check in everyday at least. I hope your healing is still going great and the burn is not a part of your day anymore.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Maurice » 27 May 2011, 18:06

Hope and Elphie:
Thanks for the continuing support!
I'm glad to hear you're up and about again, Elphie. :) Definitely a good sign that you're healing. Yea, still feeling bruised. I can sit for a while, but then it gets annoying. About an hour does me in, then I gotta lay down or get up and walk about the house. As for my packing, it's coming out more each day. It should be gone soon enough! Each BM I have helps push it to the surface.
And yes - I've found out how much I do around the home puts strain on my rear. I can feel the change and pull in everything I do. The worst, I think, is trying to change positions while sleeping. I'll wake up with a sharp pulling pain when I try going from one side to the other too quick.
I have a new symptom to my healing now.. Itchiness! I've been using soothe wipes before each fresh packing to help with that.
Thanks for helping me keep my sanity too! It's good to have support of people who know what this feels like. ♥
Maurice
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Deleted User 579 » 28 May 2011, 13:35

Yay Elphie!! It sounds like you are healing really well. I know it will still be a while before you can garden and drive as much as you want without your butt, well, kicking you in the butt ...
... but Image ... I am so happy to hear about how much better your life is now. It makes my day to read that you've been in your garden :D
I know what you guys mean about how much your butt is involved in all kinds of activities - who knew? I have got be careful how I move all the time.
Maurice - I also got itchy for a little while there too - it really started about a week after the surgery, but it diminished quite a bit a few days ago. It felt kinda like a "healing itch" - I think there is such a thing.
Unfortunately, I won't know if it was a healing itch until Monday because adventures in ambulances prevented me from getting to my follow-up appointment (I provided a detailed description of the spectacle I made of myself on another thread!). I'll be seeing a different surgeon on Monday, so I'll let you know how that goes.
Thanks to you both for your good wishes - I hope you are both having a really good butt day today Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 28 May 2011, 21:13

Oh that itch! It only lasted a day or two for me, I put baby powder between my cheeks. I would wipe with tucks too, the witchhazel really helps the itch. If u don't have baby powder, a little cornstarch helps.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Maurice » 28 May 2011, 22:26

Hugs to both Hope and Elphie!
I need to read your adventures, Hope! And I do hope it's a healing itch. I had it a bit more today. Elphie, I've been using Cottenelle wipes with aloe to help out. Been having some light cramping in my rear today too. The main thing I noticed today is the pain is more of a dull ache. Only one pain pill today. My mom says it looks like all my inner packing has finally fallen out, and it feels like it. Just... doesn't feel 'tight' anymore.
BMs are doing well, one stool softener before bed, and two BMs today - second one stung a bit today, but that's what I used my pain pill for.
Maurice
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 29 May 2011, 17:41

Hey Maurice - it sounds like you're doing very well! I'm so glad the pain is subsiding and that the packing is out! Yay for you :)
I also had some dull aches and sometimes a bruised feeling, but those went away. Now mostly I feel some stinging ocassionally and sometimes a raw sensation. I'm still careful how I move, but things are a hundred times
better now. You are well on your way to having a happy butt!
Deleted User 579

Postby Maurice » 01 Jun 2011, 17:07

Well, seems like I'm doing much better this week. All my inner packing is completely gone. The wound is starting to close up. It's like the new flesh is forming from the bottom out. I had a LOT of exudate yesterday, and I had to show my mom the explanation on the site about it. She's just never seen something that's gooey that's supposed to be a good sign. No redness, no pain, no fever - definitely not an infection. I've been using epsom salts in my soaks, and that seems to be helping. The wound has been staying dry, and I've been using less and less gauze to catch the healing fluids. I can finally sit or use the restroom without my rump aching too much. :D It's really something else.
I go in for my checkup appointment June 6th.
Maurice
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 01 Jun 2011, 17:44

Glad that you are healing well! All the best to you. Good to have a mum who knows what it's all about. Em
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 579 » 01 Jun 2011, 18:02

yay, Maurice! That's great news! It sounds like you are healing very nicely. I'm so glad you are able to use your butt witout too much pain. I think you'll follow-up will go wonderfully. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 01 Jun 2011, 18:22

I'm happy for you too! It takes time to heal and it's not always quick but it's a relief just to have it over with, and finally feel like progress is being made. Soon you'll be doing normal things and hardly thinking of your butt at all! I'm glad you're done with your packing too, I couldn't imagine going on too long with that! Happy healing, and here's to good butt days!!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here