Pus formation

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Pus formation

Postby Dev143 » 03 Jun 2011, 10:34

Hi, iam deva. I am 23. recently one week back i have an fissure surgery.now i am feeling better.but there is a little pus formation at the incision sight. Pls give me a suggestion how to stop the pus formation. My docter prescribed me antibiotic (oflaxcin), pain killers and laxative. And anti microbial ointment(povidine-iodine) to heel the wound. I am soooo curious to know that, how many days it take to cure completely. Plss, plss reply me...
Dev143

Topics: 1

Re: Pus formation

Postby Deleted User 579 » 03 Jun 2011, 12:20

Hi Deva - I'm very happ that the surgery helped make you feel better. Did you have an LIS? I'm so sorry you are struggling with an infection. And I'm sorry that iI do not know very much about pus formation, but I think that with the antibiotic and ointment you should stop producing pus very soon. Does your doctor know that you are still producing pus? If not, it might be a good idea ask your doctor about it. You can also ask your doctor about taking warm showers to keep the wound clean. I would recommend showers instead of baths to make sure that the wound isn't soaking in water that has infectious material in it.
I am sorry you have to be here, but you have come to a good place. There are lots of people here who can give you advice and support. I hope you are better soon!
Deleted User 579

Re: Pus formation

Postby sidra1968 » 03 Jun 2011, 21:04

I had that same thing happen and it took not ONE, but TWO rounds of antibiotics, plus me "sqeezing" out the infection intermittently. It sucked, but the point is, it DID go away after those 3 1/2 weeks, albeit slowly. Mine was an infection at the incision site.
Don't worry, just use common sense, take the meds as prescribed...and warm baths or put warm compresses on it every once in a while to draw it out. It'll get better slowly!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12