Fistulectomy on the 27th of May... (UPDATED!)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Fistulectomy on the 27th of May... (UPDATED!)

Postby Maurice » 06 Jun 2011, 17:01

My surgeon took a look at my wound and he says it's 'perfect'. He wants to see me again in two weeks for another look. :) Everything is going well, and he's ecstatic with the results thus far.
Maurice
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Deleted User 579 » 07 Jun 2011, 08:48

Yipppee, Maurice!
Image Image Image Image Image
I'm so happy for you! You did such a great job healing so well, so quickly, considering what you had done! You went through a really rough surgery, but you had a great attitude about it, so I'm not surprised you're coming through it so well. Congratulations!
Deleted User 579

Postby Maurice » 07 Jun 2011, 11:58

Thanks, Hope and Elphie!
You guys have been the major support (among others) on this board. All the topics, pointers, tips, and everything else I've looked up has really helped. I tend to get scared when I go through something like this, but to hear the word "perfect" from the man himself was a big boost in my healing process. I have nothing but a positive outlook on this now.
I also noticed something else. Ever since I have had this fistula taken care of, I've not had a single moment where I have had blood or pus in my undies. That fistula used to bleed and leak so often, it was embarrassing to have my mom do the wash for me. Now I don't have to worry about it. Image
The fistula cramps are gone. The pain is gone. The leaking is gone. *happy tears* Who thought something so small could change my life so much. I even feel like I have more energy. Car rides are still a pain, but other than that, I feel more like my normal self each day!
Maurice
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 07 Jun 2011, 12:21

Oh - now I have happy tears too! Image
I know about the complete lack of dignity that comes with butt problems! My poor hubby knows more about my butt and my poop than he ever thought he would need to know. Not exactly romantic! But the people who love us are happy to help us however they can and we would do the same for them.
You are doing so well - you're going to have a wonderful summer and soon this whole ordeal will be a distant memory! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Maurice » 14 Jun 2011, 12:24

Update!
I'm healing more and more, quicker and quicker each day. I'm still afraid to look back there with my mirror, and I'm getting itchy because my wound loves to produce exudate. The wound is too shallow now to really put a bunch of packing in, so I fold up 1 4x4 gauze sheet into it and leave it be. I'm down to 2 soaks a day, but I still hop into the shower if I have a BM between them.
Maurice
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 15 Jun 2011, 07:20

That's so wonderful, Maurice! You are a champion healer :D
I'm so happy for you. Very soon you will be back to your life and you can forget all about butt problems forever!
Thanks for the update - please keep us posted Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Maurice » 18 Jul 2011, 16:30

WOOT! I went in today for my 'final' check up. :) My doctor says I'm doing beautifully and I do not need to see him again unless I feel like something is going wrong.
Thank you, everybody, for your wonderful support!
I hope everybody else is on their way to mending. I still have some time to go with the scar tissue, but each day brings a better result, and I can only pray all of you have a beautiful healing as I have.
Maurice
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2011, 16:34

Congrats Maurice!! May you forever have a healthy butt!! Image Image

Postby Deleted User 579 » 19 Jul 2011, 13:44

YAY Maurice!! Congratulations! No more butt trouble for you ever again. :D
Image Image Image
Deleted User 579

Postby owieher » 08 Oct 2012, 18:06

Do you know how long it was for the drainage to stop? I still have some drainage.
owieher
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here