Frequent BM and fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Frequent BM and fissure

Postby Guest » 30 May 2011, 09:27

Hi,
Before fissure , I always had 1 morning BM, sometime (but rare) I had one additional BM after noon (after lunch). Once I developed fissure, I always have 3 BM a day and I am tied to loo. It is really bother me and affect my general feeling. I did not change my diet drastically after I have been diagnosed with AF (I always have eaten a lot veggies and fruits). One change - today I drink a lot of water. Even today, I am 10 days after LIS surgery - I continue to go 2-3 times a day. I stopped Miralex, but it did not dropped numbers of BMs. Yes, my mood is not so good, and I am anxious from this AF.
Have somebody experienced frequent BM during fissure struggle?

Re: Frequent BM and fissure

Postby Downthere » 30 May 2011, 09:45

Yes, I have been going more often to the loo when my AF was bad. I had a feeling/an idea that the whole nervous system around my anus was more speedy than normal. It felt like I had to go and have BM's, but when I got there, often there was not very much. So the toilet-trip was often not necessary. Now I'm back to usually 1 x per day. I'm on Movicol. But I stopped eating raisins ... :-)
Downthere
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby frustrated » 06 Jun 2011, 14:26

I am also going 2-3 times a day, but I am still on miralax so it seems normal. I am just happy that it is not painful to go anymore (6 weeks post lis). Maybe we are going more because we are looser in the sphincter??? Just a thought. Are the frequent BMs causing you alot of pain still or are they just inconvenient and scary? Are you eating too much fiber (over 40 grams)? Because I did have a problem while I was in fissure hell with huge and frequent BMs and was told that I was probably eating too much fiber. I mellowed out on the fiber, ate a little more protein and it did the trick.
I haven't been eating too much post LIS so I am wondering where it all is coming from. I think my body is just flushing everything out as quickly as it comes in.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby New mum » 06 Jun 2011, 17:53

I also think that the muscle is wacko and we may not be emptying our bowel 100% hence the extra bms. just my thought. I know when i have no spasms all day i only go twice and if i have spasms then 3 times.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby alpha » 06 Jun 2011, 18:13

First, I would be extremely happy if i can go 2 or 3 times a day. Not only its considered normal, you will never get constipated. In act, i am planning to retrain my BM, so I can have 2 BMs a day.
Ive been battling this horrible constipation for about 7 months and my life is so miserable with it. I will do anything if i can make myself to have 2 or 3 BMs.
Anyway, fissure really screwed up my BMs.
After fissure, I started to get constipation. I was regular at once a day but became once every 3 days.
Now i just had LIS, then i am having diarreah 3 watery BMs per day.
I really have no clue on this. But it does look like sphincter muscle has something to do with this bowel moving pattern.
I hope some one can explain this?
alpha
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby val » 07 Jun 2011, 14:21

I wonder if it's just that our brains are aware of everything "down there" more than usual? Anyone who doesn't have a fissure just has their normal BM - however many is normal for them, and gets on with their day without even bothering to give it a second thought,but when you know that the next time you have to go to the bathroom you'll be reduced to a painful screaming wreck, it does seem to have the effect of making BMs more frequent. Then the muscle goes into spasm and doesn't let things empty properly, so then you need to keep going. A horrible vicious circle!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86