Nebie Alert!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Nebie Alert!

Postby hotpinkblack » 08 Jun 2011, 15:26

Thanks for the support! I messed up the name of that ointment is called americain and I guess it is a benzocaine, but I don't feel any difference. I just called dr and asked for RX for lidocaine and refill on the pain pills. This sux! We will see what happens! Image
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 579 » 08 Jun 2011, 16:48

hey Hot - I just checked Americaine on google and it looks like it's an ointment for hemorrhoids. Why do doctors do that??????? Arg! Image Sorry ... I just find that sooooo frustrating. Image
OK - Sorry for the rant. I think the ointment will help, but from what I can see it's designed mostly to treat irritation and itch. But it doesn't look like it treats spasms or blood flow that must be addressed to actually heal a fissure. If I were you, I would get my doctor to give me proper meds that are designed specifically to treat FISSURES - like nitro, nifedipine or diltiazem. (First, I would smack him/her upside the head, and then demand the proper meds.) I don't mean to be too pushy here, it's just that so many of us here had our fissures get so much worse because knuckleheaded doctors didn't treat us properly from the beginning. (I generally like and have a lot of respect for doctors ... really, I do! ) :D
Deleted User 579

Postby hotpinkblack » 09 Jun 2011, 01:39

Well, I got my prescribed lidocaine and have been using it..it seems to work for a little while at least. Not 100%, but is an improvement, but I have to keep reapplying. My husband helped me put the last dose and he was able to get a good look at the af its self.
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Elphie » 09 Jun 2011, 13:05

Hi hot, sorry your docs an IDIOT! An annoyance!? You know, I think these are the only people I'd wish a fissure on! It's amazing how they have no understanding of what we go through EVERYDAY!! I'm so, so sorry you have to fight to get treatment, many of us do...
Like Hopetoheal says, or read the forum you'll find we've ALL said it at one point or another, you need the right ointment to even attempt to heal on your own, surgery may be your only option, sometimes even Botox doesn't help. Lidocaine by itself is a fifteen minute band aid at best, it's maddening that that's all you got for help!
I recommend that you find another doc, I know that's difficult but you need to see a CRS that knows how to deal with this! These days I can't believe I got through the last year with that pain! I hope you get on track with a solution, if it was me, I did and I would DEMAND surgery, after a long time it's the only way for most of us, people who heal without it are few and far between, I'm six weeks out today and I'm right back to life. Everyone deserves that! O I hope you find relief!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here