A few questions

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

A few questions

Postby Chuckles » 10 Jun 2011, 07:58

Hello there,
Well, Miralax is a lifesaver, it would seem. Just a day after starting it I've been pain free during BMs and, consequently, pain free. I'm still on a very cautious (high fiber) diet, taking a full cap-dose of Miralax once a day, and taking three warm baths a day. I have a few questions, however.
1) How long should I remain on my ultra-cautious diet? (It consists of a cup of Fiber One shredded wheat (no milk), a Fiber One bar and an apple with skin at lunch, and a chicken broth based veggie soup for dinner. I had a whole wheat/whole grain roll with the soup last night since I felt like I was still hungry. Also taking benefiber 3x a day.)
2) When I move off of my ultra-cautious diet, I intend to remain on a high-fiber diet, of course. But are there foods I should avoid indefinitely? Has anyone returned to a "normal" diet, (albeit with minor restrictions and adjustments)?
3) Miralax: I know some people on here plan to take it indefinitely, and I can totally understand that for ongoing problems. If I have healed, however, should I wean myself off of it? If so, how long should I remain on it, and how gradually should I reduce my intake?
Any other advice, tips, or suggestions for someone that might actually be seeing a break in the clouds would be tremendously appreciated.
Thanks again.
Chuckles

Topics: 2

Re: A few questions

Postby Downthere » 11 Jun 2011, 11:34

Good question concerning Miralax/Movicol (which it's called in Denmark). My frustrating experience is that as soon as I go off it for 2-3 days, the AF breaks up again with bleeding. (No pain, that's at least something ...) I have thought of experimenting in stepping down, maybe only taking it every second day?
Downthere
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2