Bummer Summer (and I'm not Judy Moody)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Bummer Summer (and I'm not Judy Moody)

Postby itsonlyme » 13 Jun 2011, 15:31

First Off I want to say thank you so much to whoever actually created this forum and to all of the participants. I was afraid to google what I had going on because I figured who would actually discuss this stuff over the internet. After reading these posts it has given me some freedom and comfortablity in talking about what I'm going through.
I'm just about 37. I've had some GI problems this year and figured I have IBS and need to deal with it. I was on antibiotics for C diff. in Jan and had a colonoscopy in Feb. They found a "lesion" and internal hemhrroids. So I continued with my alternating loose/hard BMs and then I started getting severe pain. I just got a desk job and I am overweight so I figured its hemrrhoidal pain. I break down and go to the colorectal doc who focuses in on the lesion and said it has to come out within the month BEFORE it turns into the big C. I also have a fissure that needs repair, and that's whats causing the sitting on marbles dipped in acid feeling. He applied some purple topical medicine to the fissure and that relieved some of the pain for a few days and then wore off.
Surgery was 3 weeks later (thursday the 9th). It is now Monday the 13th. I am in so much pain it is unbelievable. I got a three for one surgery- fissure repair with sphincterotomy, hemrrhoidectomy, and removal of the lesion that thankfully looked benign but results won't be in for a week to 10 days.
I can't take this pain. It feels like the hole is in a constant spasm. I take sitz baths every few hours, pop motrin during the day and vicodin at night. I JUST WANT THE SPASM TO STOP! I can't sit, lay, walk, or stand without it spasming. I've called my doc twice after surgery to complain about the pain and today about the spasm. I asked about the nitro paste or something and he said it is still too early post surgery. Is my butt just going to stop spasming at some point? Geeze you'd think the muscle would just get tired by now...
:(
itsonlyme

Topics: 1

Re: Bummer Summer (and I'm not Judy Moody)

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2011, 15:46

Hey there itsonlyme,
Welcome to the forum. You have been through it-that's for sure! I too had spasms after LIS but didn't have the work you have had down there. I had a skin tag removed and the spasms were pretty bad.
I called my CRS and was given valium and they stopped right away. I know a hemrrhoidectomy is an awful surgery...
Do you think it would be possible to get valium to take temporarily?

Re: Bummer Summer (and I'm not Judy Moody)

Postby Deleted User 579 » 13 Jun 2011, 17:09

Hi itsonlyme - wow! You sure had a lot done! I am so, so sorry you are suffering so much. Are you taking any pain meds (vicodin, percocet)? I would take robaxacet when my spasms were bad pre and post LIS. It's a muscle relaxant, so I found that it took the edge off. But you can't take that with an opiate painkiller. I think for your pain you should definitely call your CRS and tell them you need something for the pain. Be sure to take stool softeners because they can constipate. Elphie took a less addictive kind of Valium, but I don't recall what it was called. If I find it again in her posts, I'll let you know. I just really think your doc should do something for you.
You really did have a serious surgery there! I really hope you get some relief from the pain very soon. We all understand pain here and we are here for you. You will get through this and you will heal! Big hugs to you!
Deleted User 579