New, confused and frustrated :(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New, confused and frustrated :(

Postby sconniegirl88 » 13 Jun 2011, 17:27

Hello!
I'm 22 and for the last few months I've been having pain on and off with BMs when I'm constipated. I realized recently that there is a bump, now I think it is a skin tag from my online research (scholarly, I know :roll: ) I am currently in between doctors because of insurance junk and I really don't want to see a doctor anyways... If I've been having this problem on and off for a couple months, have a skin tag, and it's painful on and off (usually a few days each month) is there hope for home treatment or am I doomed? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!!!
sconniegirl88

Topics: 1

Re: New, confused and frustrated :(

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2011, 18:38

Hey there,
Sorry you have been experiencing what you think may be a fissure. It sucks, I know.
If you've had it for 2 months, then it is considered chronic and the skin tag developing is a sign it is chronic. Anything over 6 weeks is considered chronic by medical terms. With that being said, you are not doomed either way, Lol
Many can heal there fissures with conservative treatments. It's my opinion that one of the ointments like nitro, diltiazem are important to start early along with baths, diet, stool softener. You don't want to have hard stools or constipation.
I know going to a doctor isn't any fun, but finding a good crs is really important so that you can get diagnosed and if you need treatment in the future:)
I tried everything for months and in the end had LIS and the skin tag removed. It has been a really good outcome for me. If it comes to you needing LIS, you still are not doomed. It's the best thing I ever did to get the fissure to heal.
Take care.

Re: New, confused and frustrated :(

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2011, 18:40

pss... you may just have a hemmie. Do you have a shards of glass feeling when passing a bm? spasms?