Hacked Off!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hacked Off!!!

Postby andy1505 » 27 Jun 2011, 02:26

Well I thought the Botox was working really well, less pain and able to get on with my life, until this morning
Had a BM from hell, felt like I could not empty my bowels fully, now 2 hours later back on the Tramadol and in constant pain!! I thought this should have got better, today it feels like I haven't even had any treatment and back to square one!!!
Really hacked off!!
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Hacked Off!!!

Postby Savaici » 27 Jun 2011, 06:32

Sorry about the pain knocking you for six, Andy. I was offered Botox, but decided against it, but that's not much comfort to you now. Hope someone will chime in with some thoughts. I try to keep my food intake low to reduce pain, but even that does not do the trick. Take it easy, take stool softeners, drink enough water, make sure that you get 20 grams of fibre, and use enough Movicol to keep things moving. Thinking of you. Em Image
Last edited by Anonymous on 27 Jun 2011, 06:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2011, 11:35

Hey Andy,
sorry you aren't doing so well. I have no experience with botox.
I wish I could help.
I know people heal with botox but to be honest I've read more negative than positive... I personally wouldn't have did it if it would have been offered to me before my lis. Some say it gave them temporary relief and I'm sure people heal, but it seems more to me like postponing the inevitable and going through more hell?! I went straight for the lis because I seen more outcomes like this.
I hate that you are going through this. I hope you are able to manage the pain and get past this soon. Hopefully others who have had botox can offer you advice.

Postby andy1505 » 27 Jun 2011, 12:31

Thank you for your replies, the pain has settled a bit as I have been on Tramadol all day!!
At the time Botox was the only option, but as I don't get on with hospitals I wish I had gone for LIS, at least this would have sorted the problem and the pain would have been short term!
Now I have the waiting to see if the Botox is successful, had my follow up letter today and it's booked for the 12th August 2011, should be loads better by then, fingers crossed
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Postby StevePain » 27 Jun 2011, 16:03

Andy, are you taking fibre supplements at all? If not I'd recommend getting one like Fybogel, fibre bulks up the stool so you can get rid of more in one go and helps with that "incomplete" feeling, works very well for me and I have much less visits to the loo than when I was taking Movicol for example.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby andy1505 » 28 Jun 2011, 05:35

Hi Steve,
No i am not taking any other supplements, just the Movicol but i do have some Lepicol in the cupboard so do you think it would be a good idea to start using this?
Update on the pain, it still hurts to sit for periods, so spending most of the day lying down!! Tramadol sort of works but taking the edge off the pain..
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Postby val » 28 Jun 2011, 07:34

Hi Andy,
I haven't got any experience with botox, but I think this kind of surgery really is up and down. I had a bad day today - the pain is just about wearing off now. It isn't a quick-fix and doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't working. If you expect to have ups and downs, then it makes it easier. Rejoice the good days and make the most of them, roll with the bad days and take it easy and lay about if you can!
Hope tomorrow is a good day for you!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby StevePain » 30 Jun 2011, 15:32

Movicol may not be right for you, it's not for everyone, I would definitely give fibre supplements a try as just a few trips to the loo from the fibre is better than 5-10 from the Movicol..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45