Appointment with a CRS tomorrow!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Appointment with a CRS tomorrow!

Postby adam » 04 Jul 2011, 08:10

So I'm very lucky to have an appointment so quickly with a highly experienced doctor at an endoscopy clinic tomorrow. But the secretary told me that the appointment only lasts about 15 minutes.
I would've loved to be able to tell the doctor the whole story from a to b in 5 minutes, so he can take everything into account, but my story is probably 15 minutes alone to tell.
So what does everyone think are the most important things to mention, besides the obvious - how/when it happened, the types of pains during and after bm's, and the medication my family doctor gave me....
It's such a short interview and I don't want to waste time with irrelevant questions and also don't want to miss any either.
I'm sure he'll be able to tell me all the most important things, but there may be some things that are important to us that we don't know.
Thanks! :) so happy
adam
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Appointment with a CRS tomorrow!

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2011, 10:30

Adam,
Sorry you have such a short period to talk with your doc. I think all the things you mentioned above are fine. Most CRS see fissure patients all the time and know the symptoms quite well. Just be sure and tell the pain you have during bms, if you are having clenching, tightness(spasms) and for how long it's been going on. Some CRS's ,such as mine didn't want me taking miralax so that's one thing I leave out when talking,Lol.
I really just explained my symptoms. Maybe ask about one of the ointments such as diltiazem or nitro if they aren't offered.
For me the the list of questions came when I decided to have LIS. I had about 20 questions before I had my surgery, but that can be something you worry about later.
Good luck and let us know how it goes. This is a great first step. I hope you have a good appointment and like your CRS:)