There is such a thing as a good surgery experience!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: There is such a thing as a good surgery experience!

Postby SummerGal » 06 Jul 2011, 22:04

Thanks Hope for your comforting words. You are very sweet, especially since you are the one in pain right now, and you still take the time to try and make me feel better. You have a good heart!
Good luck with your appointment on Friday. Let us know how it goes. I am sending you best wishes for a good report!
SummerGal
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby val » 07 Jul 2011, 02:01

Wishing you very good luck today Hope Image Image
Sorry you have a fistula as well as the fissure Summer. Will your crs do LIS? Glad you have a nice crs now, it makes a world of difference having someone that you trust. We'll all be here to help you through your surgery. Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby SummerGal » 07 Jul 2011, 09:34

Thank you so much Val! Right now it looks like I am scheduled for the 29th for surgery...GULP! I have a manometry test the 20th and a colonoscopy on the 26th. I am not sure exactly what he is doing. He mentioned some options, but it's kind of jumbled in my head right now. I guess too he will find out more after the tests.
SummerGal
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Deleted User 579 » 07 Jul 2011, 09:53

It's great that you got your surgery booked, Summergal! And it's really great that you are getting all those tests. That means your surgeon is making sure that your resting tone is high enough for surgery (the manometry), which will make it less likely that you'll have problems with passing winding or leakage afterward. And the colonoscopy will make sure that there are no underlying conditions that could complicate your recovery. You probably already know all that! But I really like your surgeon for being so thorough and caring with you.
Try not to be too nervous about the surgery. It really isn't bad at all. My last butt surgery was a breeze and recovery hasn't been too bad either. I have had some pain - I won't lie, but it is nothing like fissure pain. I also found it easier to take psychologically because I could feel that I was healing and not just coping with pain. You will be so happy you had the surgery!
We will count down to the 29th! Image
Deleted User 579