please help - lower abdomen pain when healing?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

please help - lower abdomen pain when healing?

Postby Sue27uk » 07 Jul 2011, 10:49

I have had infections and goodness knows what over the past few months. Was diagnosed with a fissure 5 weeks ago and have been treating it with rectogesic. This seems to be helping :D , but unfortunately for the past 6 days I have had pain at the front in my lower abdomen and to the bottom left (which i've had for 4 months on and off). I have been to my doc and she has done blood tests and urine tests which have all come back clear. She just says it is part of the healing, but I get pain when I am now weeing and across the front. It's like period pains and a constant dull ache. I know this isn't strictly fissure related but has anyone else had this when a fissure is healing? It feels unrelated to me, and not sure how much more I can take. I was being more positive, but this has dragged me right back down and the doctor doesn't seems to know what it is. Keeps telling me to see how it goes, I am sick of it :(
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Re: please help - lower abdomen pain when healing?

Postby Sue27uk » 07 Jul 2011, 10:53

Sorry guys this has gone in the wrong place. I have reposted it in the general discussion sections. I don't know how to delete this.
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21