How to deal with af at a sit-down job?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How to deal with af at a sit-down job?

Postby fissurepaingy » 03 Jul 2011, 18:22

I'm on a long weekend here for the 4th of July.. but will return to work on Tuesday. I sit at a computer all day. I've been babying the af all weekend with sitz baths and things and I can move around more... but sitting all day is very uncomfortable and I find it irritates my fissure... which in turn could delay healing... Anyone else here dealing with an af at a sit-down job? ANY tips would sure help me.
PS-This forum is such a great resource. For one thing I don't feel alone anymore! Also, the little things under your user name are funny, based on how many posts you've got... right now I'm at "Fibre Addict" Image
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Re: How to deal with af at a sit-down job?

Postby adam » 03 Jul 2011, 19:07

When i drive i put a sweater at the edge of my seat, so i can push down a little and elevate my bottom just enough so there is barely any pressure on it. If i feel it starting to tingle or prickle, i throw an ice pack under me and sit on that, takes the pain away totally, and numbs the area so that i think cancels out any delay in healing. But only sit on the oce for 15 minutes every hour. Any more than that is too much.
adam
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2011, 19:23

Hey there,
I thank God I didn't have to work with my fissure and have wondered how the hek anyone does. It was so hard just to drive for 5 minutes at times. I used a heating pad throughout my fissure saga. I'm not sure if that was such a good idea because I had grill marks on my rear that probably took longer to heal than my LIS.
My CRS suggested I use it on the lowest setting. I would have to look at the old threads. I can't remember the exact length of time. I didn't realize it could permanently damage the skin until she told me.
Some people have said they kind of set on one leg, some say getting up and walking often so the blood can circulate.
Good Luck:)

Postby StevePain » 04 Jul 2011, 07:26

I used to sit on a heating pad or soft pillow and now I have a cushion in my car which makes any trip more comfortable, basically, if your fissure is really bad none of these things will help unfortunately, it's just a case of grin and bear it.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Sue27uk » 11 Jul 2011, 10:10

A cushion! Mind you, I've not been able to go to work. Doc has signed me off until the end of term now (I'm a Teaching Assistant) so hopefully will be sorted by september. Good luck if you can manage it! :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21