Reduced pain but feeling of downward pressure in anus

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Reduced pain but feeling of downward pressure in anus

Postby bluefizz » 20 Jul 2011, 05:00

Hello everyone.
I just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar symptoms to the ones I'm having now.
I have a chronic anal fissure - anterior - an old one caused by infection that reopened a few months ago after eating huge quantities of chopped nuts (silly me). No bleeding - but lots of stinging pain...
I've tried rectogesic (headaches) and Diltiazem (stinging). About two weeks ago I decided to see what was happening if I stopped using prescription ointments.
Instead I've been using wheatgerm oil and small amounts of the Dr Wheatgrass cream, along with psyllium stool softeners. Interestingly, pain had reduced steadily - but I now seem to have a persistent sense of pressure in anus - not really the urge to pass a stool or strain - almost a feeling that the outer anal muscles are more open. I can relieve the pressure by tightening them - as if pulling everything in and up (pardon the detail). This reduces pressure but I seem to revert to a looser position - particularly when sitting down.
Obviously I'm happy with less pain, but not sure whether this new sensation is normal. Off on a foreign holiday in a day or two - so would welcome any feedback, reassurance etc
Thanks
bluefizz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Reduced pain but feeling of downward pressure in anus

Postby Guest » 20 Jul 2011, 07:51

Hey there,
I experienced the pressure the whole time I had my fissure before LIS. It was always there and drove me insane. I think it's part of the spasms. It went away after my LIS.
One of my biggest setbacks with my fissure was after eating baked chips and some nuts. I try to warn other people as much as I can! Lol. It was awful! I remember asking my CRS's office why wasn't this on the paper/ instructions of how to take care of my fissure. I really don't understand why they can't tell us something so simple as avoiding certain things?! Image

Re: Reduced pain but feeling of downward pressure in anus

Postby bluefizz » 20 Jul 2011, 09:29

Dawn
Thanks - that's very reassuring. I'm traveling abroad (to France from UK) on holiday in 2 days time and so can't really get to a doctor. The mind imagines all sort of awful things!
It's interesting that the actual pain is reduced without rectogesic/diltiazem but I experience this feeling of pressure.
Rather caught 'between a rock and a hard place' - ointment with side effects and less pressure, or no ointment but the odd pressure.
I may try to achieve a balance by using very small amounts of diltiazem.
My nut nightmare was self-induced. I wanted to loose weight and went on a high-protein diet. This pretty much caused constipation, which I exacerbated by eating large handfuls of walnuts and brazil nuts about three times a day.
To be blunt (or sharp) the fragments ripped me - I even found the offending razor edged item! You'll be pleased to know that I didn't keep it.
I've had less trouble with chips. I real no-no for me is alcohol however - doubles symptoms the next day.
bluefizz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7