Infection?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Infection?

Postby welsh girl » 21 Jul 2011, 11:19

Hi,
I'm 6 weeks in with my AF. However begining to wonder if I have an infection. Probably not the correct forum to ask but wondered if anybody else had similar issues. Just wondering if I should go back to the doctor?
Well had the AF typical symptoms, blood on toilet paper with some itching, discomfort ( that lasted all day). However the last two weeks have had very soft stools that float. I tried changing my diet back to before and stop eating my extra fibre but still the same.
On a positive note I havent seen any blood since saturday and the dicomfort seems to be going away now more like a tickle or a fly landing on me.
welsh girl

Topics: 2

Re: Infection?

Postby fissurepaingy » 21 Jul 2011, 13:57

Just saw my CRS yesterday and he told me my fissure is infected and there is some pus. I noticed the pus on the toilet paper before he even said that... See if you see any pus... also just try to keep the area as clean as possibe with sitz baths a couple times a day.. also I carry even with me at work, some wet wipes... they're good for even just during the day after sitting for a while or something just give a little gentle wiping of the area.
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby seattlesounders » 21 Jul 2011, 20:08

Would the pus show up as yellow on a gauze?
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Sue27uk » 23 Jul 2011, 12:23

It's possible, I have had lots of trouble with infections alongside the fissure :(
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21