So Confused

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

So Confused

Postby Hopingforagoodbm » 23 Jul 2011, 12:47

Hi everyone,
I've been a long time reader of this forum, but this is the first time I'm posting. I've had anal fissures for the past 6 years, but this latest one is a real nuisance to get rid of. Here's my predicament: if I don't keep the area clean after a bm, then it itches and kind of stings. Also, I like to keep it clean b/c I've heard it promotes healing and prevents infection. But, by keeping it clean, I need to wipe a lot of times which I'm guessing is aggravating it even more because it still hasn't healed yet. When I say wipe a lot of times, I mean 15-20 times until I don't notice anything on the toilet paper. When I'm at home I take sitz baths after a bm to keep myself clean, but what am I supposed to do to keep myself clean at work after a bm? Wiping 15-20 times is obviously not good. Any help or ideas would be extremely helpful!
Hopingforagoodbm

Topics: 1

Re: So Confused

Postby itpainsme » 23 Jul 2011, 14:36

I would carry a little ziploc baggie of Tucks (or some other brand) of witch hazel wipes with you. I always use these instead of toilet paper and I always keep a baggie of them in my purse. They are moist and do not irritate my fissure at all. After wiping with the witch hazel wipes (I use a lot of them to get completely clean) I then have to blot the area dry with a tissue. I find the shape of the tissue works better for me than toilet paper and it is softer. Maybe you could carry these items with you in a purse or something. I have nifedipine ointment to apply after each bm, so I then have to apply that and blot again. I find it very daunting sometimes, especially when I am in a hurry, but it has to be done that way.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Guest » 23 Jul 2011, 16:23

Hey there,
Some folks use the rinse bottles like you get after you have a baby. I think you can order them online. I believe NG has a post where he mentioned where you get them, if I'm recalling correctly.
Bambi also has a post that mentions a bottle of some kind to put water in and rinse too. I believe she posted where she found it. If I'm able to find the post, I will put the links here.

Postby Hopingforagoodbm » 24 Jul 2011, 19:33

Wow, thanks for the advice guys. Also, I used tucks before for a previous af, but I could have sworn that I read somewhere that it isn't good to use if you have an af because it dries the area out more. Can anyone comment on this?
Hopingforagoodbm

Topics: 1