Just got back from fistulotomy, skin tag removal & Botox...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Just got back from fistulotomy, skin tag removal & Botox...

Postby itpainsme » 28 Jul 2011, 18:57

It was done in the CRS office unsedated. I lucked out in getting some xanax from another doctor and took one before the procedure. The needles were somewhat painful, but bearable. He found a skin tag at the internal end of the fissure that he cauterized while he was in there. I did feel some burning while he was cauterizing, but I really don't think I felt the Botox needles. The numbing needles were really the only needles I felt. I was told that it could bleed for a couple of weeks. He cut the fistula open and possibly cauterized that too? I am not sure, I thought that is what the nurse told me. The local has not worn off yet, so as of right now I am not feeling any pain. I have a prescription for Loretab for pain. I am off to rest now, the anticipation and nervousness about today's appointment has worn me out. I'll update when the local wears off.
Thanks for answering all of my questions prior to this. I was so nervous about it. I feel good to have gotten it done and hopefully I can heal now. btw, I specifically asked him how many units of Botox he used and he said 30 units total, but injected it on all four sides of the internal sphincter muscle.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Just got back from fistulotomy, skin tag removal & Botox...

Postby busybrooke3 » 28 Jul 2011, 19:15

I bet you are glad today is over! Unsedated? You are truly brave! I hope you heal fast with little pain. I understand the "anticipation and nervousness" I'm there now with 5 days to go before my surgery. I wil keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you heal. Rest well!
busybrooke3
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Just got back from fistulotomy, skin tag removal & Botox...

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2011, 21:57

Just wanted to say congratulations on getting your procedure over! I remember the anxiety wearing me out too.