Anal fissures a good thing?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal fissures a good thing?

Postby Sarbam » 28 Jul 2011, 03:04

Hello!
My AF trouble started about a year ago, I think as a by product of IBS. I am an anxiety sufferer and although I have straightened out my life now, I used to drink and have a very bad diet, which I think caused the problem in the first place.
Now I am fitness mad and eat an angelic diet, and it's partly down to having an anal fissure. The other reason is that body building is a hobby of mine and I have to pay a lot of attention to being on a perfect diet.
I'm so glad I found fitness because otherwise I probably wouldn't have any motivation to eat healthy, but I must admit that part of that motivation comes from having an AF... there are dietary limitations connected with it that are helpful (i.e. no junk food etc) so I guess some good has come out of it!
For the first 6 months I remember eating a lot of soup and fruit and being scared to go to the loo. Actually I was just hungry and depressed for a lot of the time. But one thing is for sure, I lost a lot of weight (about 2 stones) which was great!
I'm in the best shape I've ever been now, I feel great and have loads of energy - I guess in a way I have my fissure to thank for that (it's terrorized me into eating right, lol!)
I won't lie though, it still sucks. Eating out always worries me, as well as going to restaurants, on holidays etc.
Anyway just thought I would say hello and share my story!
Sarbam
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Anal fissures a good thing?

Postby bigbabyboy » 28 Jul 2011, 06:17

It's funny that you write this. I sometimes try to think of AF's as blessings in disguise. I got married three years ago and had a child 8 months ago and because of eating healthy and exercising because of my AF...I fit into my wedding dress!! I know that I never would have, had I kept eating and doing the things I was doing before. I also enjoy cooking more because of it. I guess every cloud has a silver lining!!!
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2011, 06:40

I lost 50 lbs when I had my fissure. I was a twig. Since LIS, I still eat healthy but I eat tons of junk and have returned to being a fat arse,LOL
I agree that my anal fissure has forced me to eat healthy food. I just need to cut out some of the enormous amounts of junk that I've added back since healing. Image

Postby Ink184 » 29 Jul 2011, 05:12

Same here, a life of junk food, smoking, and no exercise gave me chronic constipation, a hernia and AF. I did the hernia surgery a couple of weeks ago, healing fast. Chronic constipation got better but i guess fear of going to the bathroom is still making it hard for me that is why i might go under another surgery for my AF if it didn't get better this week. The bright side? Lost around 55 lbs, eating healthier than ever and quit smoking. One downside though ... I need a new wardrobe as all my work suits are big now lol
Ink184
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7