blood?!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: blood?!

Postby happyass » 02 Aug 2007, 14:21

i take my whole daily amount of flax oil and fish oil along with a digestive enzyme and silver centrum multi-vitamin and my chinese herbs all at once. usually after breakfast or with lunch. but i try right after a meal.
i do the aloe vera juice - and i do have the 'lily of the desert' nasty stuff - which i have 2 tablespoons in the a.m. before a meal, and when i get home around 6 pm and right before bed around 10 pm.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby juney » 02 Aug 2007, 15:17

Gareth and Lecia, you both healed yours naturally even though it was chronic right? that's very encouraging. i feel as if i'm starting from scratch even though i've had the surgery, so it's good to know that it is possible to heal it using "conservative" methods. maybe the surgery just helped kick-start my recovery and now i can complete it naturally. hopefully i'll notice some changes as i add these oils to my diet.
in other news, my surgeon called and said he will see me on the 24th, but in the meantime he is putting the forms in for a 2nd LIS (on the other side this time). that way, if we do determine on the 24th that i need another surgery, i'll be close to the date already. i thought that was very proactive of him. i think he feels bad for me since the 1st one didn't work. i'm not scared at all about having a 2nd surgery, i'm pretty much desperate to have this heal. it's been a year now that i've been dealing with it (although it wasn't correctly diagnosed until April)...
in the meantime, i'm going to get serious about these supplements!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 06 Sep 2007, 13:35

Had the surgery in April and still have spotting to this day. No pain though - to me thats the important thing.

Postby buttgirl » 06 Sep 2007, 15:26

I also want to say that I'm sorry you are still in pain. It is so frustrating, I know. But I've also read that two or more LIS is not unusual. Just think 2 out of every 100 people need them. That's a lot of people!

I also wanted to mention to you that even when this thing first started for me in Jan 2006, the docutase sodium didn't do anything for me, even if I took two pills. I moved on the 1T of MOM per night and that really seemed to help, but I had other complications which prevented me from healing. If you are reluctant to try the MOM, I've heard tales that Miralax is safe for 6 weeks. I've read other studies that say that Mineral oil is safe for 6 mos. or more. Maybe one of these would give you that extra little boost you need.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67