4 days post fistulotomy, skin tag removal and Botox update

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

4 days post fistulotomy, skin tag removal and Botox update

Postby itpainsme » 01 Aug 2011, 12:41

I haven't had much pain other than after a bm. I have some stinging and itching going on with some very mild bleeding. I have not had any deep pain, it seems most of my pain is coming from where the fistula was laid open. I have only taken one Hydrocodone and that was right before the first bm after the surgery. I have taken some Ibuprofen as needed, but haven't needed any today :D I am so happy to have gotten these procedures done, I was so worked up with worry and fear that my blood pressure was really high. I had no idea that I had a skin tag at the internal end of the fissure. He saw that while he was in there and cauterized it. He said if he didn't take care of it, it could get bigger over time and hinder the healing of the fissure. During the procedures the only thing that really hurt was the initial needles he used to numb me. I didn't feel any of the four Botox needles. I did feel some burning when he was doing the cauterizing though. That was pretty uncomfortable, but not too bad. I know we had a thread with a discussion about the number of units of Botox used. I specifically asked him when he was doing it and he said 30 units total in all four sides of the internal sphincter muscle. I do not have any incontinence at all, I was a little worried about that. I did take a Xanax before the procedures, but other than that I was not sedated. I did get some ARD pads (Anoperineal Dressings) from a pharmacy that are butterfly shaped and made for that area. I really like them better than using the gauze pads. They are not as bulky feeling and they are super soft. My CRS recommended them and I had never heard of them before. Just wanted to mention them as an alternative to the gauze.
Thanks for all of the info before my procedures, you guys helped me make it through it!
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: 4 days post fistulotomy, skin tag removal and Botox update

Postby Deleted User 579 » 01 Aug 2011, 13:19

yay Itpainsme!! Image I'm so glad you are doing so well and that you are not in much pain - that's wonderful! :D
Thanks so much for sharing the information about the pads too. That comes up quite a bit here and it's good to know there is such a product out there.
Thanks also for sharing so much information about your procedure. That's really helpful to people who are considering various treatments.
I hope you have a great day! :D
Deleted User 579

Re: 4 days post fistulotomy, skin tag removal and Botox update

Postby val » 01 Aug 2011, 14:32

That's great you are doing so well. I hope it continues and you get better very soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86