Surgery in less then 24 hours

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Surgery in less then 24 hours

Postby Firstsurgeryat16:( » 17 Aug 2011, 11:09

I am 16. My surgery is at 8:00am in the morning. I have to be there at 7:00am. I AM NOT USED TO GETTING UP UNTIL 11:30am at least!! LOL!! But anyways I have orentiation at Mcdonalds 5 days later. I should be able to attend right? And also would it be a good idea to get a doctors note to not go to school or will I be okay? School starts 6 days after the surgery? Thanks again guys for all the answers, support, and comfort. Image
Firstsurgeryat16:(
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Surgery in less then 24 hours

Postby Firstsurgeryat16:( » 17 Aug 2011, 15:30

I need to fix this lol, i am a day ahead of myself got 1 day. Lol sorry!
Firstsurgeryat16:(
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2011, 16:08

Hey there. Welcome to the forum. :)
Most of us who have had the LIS were able to resume activities at about 2 weeks post-op. I'm not sure if 5-6 days will be rushing it. I would get a doctors note just to be on the safe side. Things can be a little sore after the surgery and sitting may not be all that comfortable for extended periods of time. You will also need to take extra care with the baths and cleaning the area while recovering as it can be a little challenging in the beginning.
Take extra care to keep a safe diet , stool softeners and water while recovering. Don't stop anything that has worked for you keeping the bm's soft before surgery. I know with school and everything, it can be kind of crazy, but it's really important to take care of yourself post-op for a long time after surgery.
Good luck and congratulations on getting the surgery and moving on to healing! Image

Postby Deleted User 579 » 17 Aug 2011, 16:29

Good luck with the surgery! And congratulations on getting it over with so soon. I hate waking up early too - but the good thing is, you can dose off a bit while you wait for them to take you into the operating room.
I agree with Dawn about the recovery time. Some folks bounce back in about a week, but most of us take longer. I'd say two weeks is safe, so a doctor's note is a very good idea. You will also want to keep the butt very clean while you are healing, so being about to take a bath during the day, and especially after BMs would be very good.
Keep us posted on how you're doing and how your surgery goes :D
Deleted User 579