Chronic AF that was healed at the time of surgery???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Chronic AF that was healed at the time of surgery???

Postby ren0318 » 17 Aug 2011, 18:54

Have any of you had your fissure be in a healed state at the time of your LIS? I'm 7 days from surgery and feeling pretty good, but just wondered if anyone else enter the surgery and was not in pain at the time? We all know in the life of AF's a week can make a big difference, but I'm hoping I stay clear of a tear right now....
ren0318
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Re: Chronic AF that was healed at the time of surgery???

Postby fissurepaingy » 17 Aug 2011, 20:29

Hey, I had my surgery last Thursday and felt the same way. However my CRS said that mine was infected and it would get a little better then worse, but wouldn't heal without surgery. Mine felt great right before surgery, but I went ahead with surgery figuring it was the best thing... I actually thought mine was healed at one point, then had bad constipation that flared it up badly, so it wasn't really healed. I also had a fistula so needed surgery one way or the other.
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby ren0318 » 18 Aug 2011, 05:35

Thanks so much for letting me know this! That is exactly what keeps happening with me, feel great, then tear. I guess I starting to get nervous as surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday and this has been such a long road to travel, I would hate either not really needing the surgery and having it done, or cancelling the surgery and then have it happen again!
ren0318
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 18 Aug 2011, 07:21

Hey Ren,
Many folks have had good fissure days prior to surgery. Don't let it fool you. You're doing the right thing!

Postby db56 » 24 Aug 2011, 14:36

I'm torn on this question as I had no pain 2 months prior to my surgery. My fissure was just about healed. After my surgery I have had intense pain for a month. The fissure is 3-4 times larger then pre-op. The Dr. removed a skin tag so that probably what caused this. On the bright side supposedly my sphincter is weaker and will heal and if so I will be less likely to get another one. But right now after having days where I'm popping 4 oxy's it's hard to imagine. Every case is different though.
db56
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3