Doing OK nearly 5 months after surgery!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Doing OK nearly 5 months after surgery!

Postby alpinestrawberry » 25 Aug 2011, 08:34

Thanks for your responses, Bambi and Val!
Bambi, I'm glad to see you're hanging in there. How's your husband? I just haven't been around here as much to keep tabs on everyone. You were always so insightful and such a help to me when I was going through my miserable time. And it seems like we're both a little slow at healing, but we're healing nonetheless.
A year ago I felt like these fissures were an insurmountable obstacle in my life. I thought a normal butt was a fairy-tale existence that I couldn't have, ever again. And while it may not be perfect now, I'm not going to complain about it...I just related my retear experience to be honest, like a reporter stating the facts: I retore. But it healed. Really fast. Barely a blip on my radar at this point. I hope my honesty doesn't discourage anyone from getting the surgery, because I am so much better off than I was before that surgery--that's how I know I'm healing, despite the setback.
I don't want or deserve to complain when I see others going through so much worse.
And in news unrelated to butts--though I should probably post it in the off-topic forum--it looks like we are going to be moving soon, back to Indiana. It's a little scary to move another hour away from the fabulous CRS who fixed me, but I guess even two hours isn't too far to drive if I needed him again. I have a lot of mixed feelings about the move. But my husband has a once-in-a-lifetime job opportunity so we just have to go--it means a more stable financial situation along with a better retirement for him--what family of five couldn't use that? We'll be moving back to his hometown, where we're eventually inheriting half the family farm anyway, so it makes sense to be there. The main drawback is that the schools aren't as great as they are here, and ditto the extracurricular stuff. I worry about my kids a lot, but I guess there's a lot of gray area sometimes when deciding what's best for your family.
At any rate, I'm thankful that my rear is (hopefully) up to the physical task of moving. Attempting to shift boxes with an active fissure sucks.
Love to all!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Re: Doing OK nearly 5 months after surgery!

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2011, 08:56

Hey Alpine,
It's good to hear that set back isn't like it was before surgery!
A minor annoyance compared to running your life seems like the better choice! Lol.
I think it just takes some time for that skin to toughen up as if a fissure never happened. I think you are going to get there. It can just be slower for some. Steve and NG were both slow healers and left us with good reports the last time they posted.
Good luck with the moving. I hope that things turn out well for you and your family. With the economy sucking so bad to get a once in a life time job opportunity is a pretty big deal!
It's always scary to make changes when it comes to family especially with kids, so I totally get that. Hopefully you won't need your CRS too much but I'm with ya- I would drive 2 hours to see a good one. I told my husband I would drive to another state to see mine if she left,Lol...
Take care!