Countdown to surgery....hope this helps others...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Countdown to surgery....hope this helps others...

Postby Deleted User 579 » 26 Aug 2011, 12:30

Congratulations Di!!
Image Image Image
Remember to take your pain meds and stool softeners! Have a nice sleep too!
Deleted User 579

Postby Di » 29 Aug 2011, 04:50

Morning everyone,
Well its been a painfull few days but im feeling much better today so thought it about time i wrote up a bit.
The op went well, lovely people, woke up in v minimal pain and went home a few hours after. they sent me home with Ibru and paracet for the pain and Instillagel gel to apply...local pain relief and antiseptic to kill nasties.
Didnt send me with and laxitives but i had my calfig just incase which worked well yesterday, thank the lord!!!
was in alot of pain yesterday as needed to have a BM so spent most of the day trying and managed to pass alot after the first little bit, always the hardest bit, pardon the pun.
So my cut was about 2 inches from start to finish from the inside out but it also had to go through one of my hemmies which has caused a fair bit of pain but is heeling nicely now.
Im up and pottering today but resting inbetween. At this very moment I am watching my partner scaling the draw units to install a freeview box for me, so room is upside down, but hay ho atleast i will be able to watch some tv while i rest.
Hope everyone else is good
Di xx
Di
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby val » 29 Aug 2011, 10:04

Glad things aren't too bad for you and you're on the mend!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 29 Aug 2011, 13:40

Hey Di! Way to go! It sounds like you are doing very well. The first few days were the roughest for me too, so I think you'll find that things get better for the most part from now on. Don't be worried, though, if there is the odd day here and there where it hurts a bit more - that's the nature of the healing process. You may have a slightly more painful days out of nowhere, it seems, but those get few and further between (if you even get them).
Wow! Two inches! You are a hero! Mine was a pretty small cut. After the surgery my doc looked at me as if he was thinking "sheesh - I've seen more impressive fistulas than yours, humpf!"
I'm so glad you're up and about a bit. Definitely take it easy, get good rest and enjoy the tv. :D
Deleted User 579