5 1/2 weeks post surgery update

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 5 1/2 weeks post surgery update

Postby SummerGal » 03 Sep 2011, 23:48

Great news!!! Hope things continue to go well. :D
SummerGal
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Jas » 04 Sep 2011, 16:22

Had a BM this morning that was not hard. When going I felt a slight twinge but not a sharp pain. I noticed a very very small smear of blood on the TP. I get confused because the Dr says I looked healed but i felt the slight twinge and blood. I currently don't feel like I had a tear and have no pain. Has anyone else had this happen this early after the surgery even though their surgeon said they are healed? I know it can take months to up to a year to be at 100% just wondering if this may be the case. I don't want to keep going back to my surgeon when he said everything was looking good. It 's just discouraging when you have a BM and it's not perfect and then I start obsessing that something is wrong again. Also thinking of starting an anti anxiety medication because I am a hypochondriac. Any suggestions on a good one that may help me?
Jas
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Deleted User 579 » 04 Sep 2011, 17:52

Hey Jas - I'm in the same boat. I saw my surgeon on Wed who said that I look pretty much healed, or very, very close, but I still bleed a bit after a BM. I mentioned that to my doc, and he said not to worry about that just now because everything looks and feels good, but if I'm still bleeding by the time I see him again three months from now, he will use a scope to take a closer look. I'm 10 weeks post-fistulotomy.
I took Lorazepam for my anxiety and it really helped. I don't need it anymore, but it got me over the worst of the fissure hell. :D
Deleted User 579