Oh, when will I get rid of this AF?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Oh, when will I get rid of this AF?

Postby buttdrama30 » 06 Sep 2011, 10:27

Hi! I'm new to the forum, and I just gotta say I'm so glad I found this site. :) It's very comforting reading all your comments.
During my second colonoscopy last year, my doc told me I had developed some minor internal hemorrhoids and one small fissure. After the colonoscopy (January, 2010), I had this terrible fissure that lasted for like 2 weeks. Ever since, I've been taking Miralax and haven't had any problems. This year I started taking this multivitamin Centrum, and for some reason, I think this is what has triggered my on and off fissure attacks. I hadn't had
one ever since the last colonoscopy, and this year they've been on and off like every 2 or 3 months. They usually heal in a week or so (using Dr.Wheatgrass and amoils fissures thing) , but it's freaking annoying kind of waiting for them to show up at any minute. I've noticed that every time I'm under a lot of stress, and right after or during my period, I get the AF back. Do you guys think
that stress + period + Centrum may be causing this relapse? I'm also on birth control (Mesigyna shot every month). Can all this be causing this? I just hate living with this constant fear every month. Image
buttdrama30

Topics: 1

Re: Oh, when will I get rid of this AF?

Postby val » 06 Sep 2011, 13:33

Hi there, and welcome on board.
Fissures do act up in times of stress. Has your multivitamin got iron in it that could be causing constipation? Have you tried stopping it to see if that helps?
Actually, once a fissure becomes chronic, it won't heal without some medical help. You could ask your GP for one of the healing creams to see if they help, but your next step after that would be to see a CRS (colo rectal surgeon) and have botox or LIS .
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 06 Sep 2011, 15:32

Hi Buttdrama - welcome! I'm sorry you're suffering. I agree with everything Val said. You have to be careful with multivitamins because they do have iron, which can constipate. I also think it is time to see a good CRS.
Deleted User 579

Postby buttdrama30 » 06 Sep 2011, 21:43

Thank you for the welcoming and replies. :)
I will stop taking the multivitamin for a while and see. The weird thing is that yesterday I wasn't constipated at all, but still had the fissure opening again. It's funny, because what I felt wasn't the usual 'constipated' feeling, it was more like gas-pressure going on. I suffer from IBS, so the stress I've been going through might have contributed to the whole thing.
I visited a CRS a year or so ago. She told me I had minor, internal hemorrhoids , and one, very small fissure. She gave me this ointment, and said to add more fiber and water to my diet. The funny thing is I consider I eat pretty well, exercise and drink around 2 l. of water every day.
I have a question about the botox. How does that work exactly? Did they give you injections? I cannot imagine a needle going down there. LOL
buttdrama30

Topics: 1