New to this site, figured i have a fissure

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

New to this site, figured i have a fissure

Postby jun bug » 09 Sep 2011, 12:58

Hello everyone. I am a 29 year old male. I tend to overeat often, especially if i have just smoked marijuana. Anyway my problem started like three months ago. I noticed that after a lot of eating I was getting blood in my stool. I also noticed that it would become painful to pass the stool, but nonetheless i still passed it. I would clean after myself Thoroughly but after a like thirty minutes i noticed my anus was moist.Upon going to the restroom and checking myself I would find a smelly discharge. In the beginning it contained a little blood, and what looked like watered down stool. To try and treat it I soaked a little rubbing alcohol in toilet paper and rubbed it in and it burned like hell. Eventually it stopped containing blood streaks. Unfortunately almost every time after passing stool about 30 minutes or so later I go back to the restroom because I feel like my anus is really sweaty and I clean myself and find stool stains in the tissue. Even when I haven't passed stool i fell like there is some type of leak coming from my anus. It is often a light, watered down stool color or even yellowish or clear. It provokes a terrible smell, even when it is a clear color. Sometimes I do not notice the smell but others do and it is becoming embarrassing to go out because of this.
I plan on taking laxatives and flushing out my system. Do any of you have any ideas as to what this might be and how I can treat it. I have no medical insurance so I do not really want to go to the doctor.
jun bug

Topics: 2

Re: New to this site, figured i have a fissure

Postby Deleted User 579 » 09 Sep 2011, 14:04

Hi Jun bug- welcome to the forum! I'm sorry you have to be here, but I'm sure you'll find lots of friendly people with good advice to offer.
I would say that you should get to a doctor asap. I understand why you would prefer not to, but it sounds to me like you might have an infection, and if you do, it is very important that you get it treated right away so that it doesn't get worse and cause more problems down the line.
Also - please DO NOT put chemicals on your butt! They can make things much worse. If your anal tissue gets too dry and irritated, you can get fissures and just generally spend a lot of time in pain trying to heal damaged delicate mucosa. Similarly, please DO NOT ‘flush out’ your system. I don’t want to freak you out, but it sounds to me like you might have an abscess, fistula or infection in the anal area, and ‘flushing out’ won’t help that, and may even make it worse. You really need to see a doctor to get properly diagnosed and get proper treatment. You really don’t want to mess with your butt – it can make your life very miserable!
Deleted User 579

Postby jun bug » 15 Sep 2011, 12:49

hey I went to a clinic. the doctor prescribed some stool softeners, hamamelis virgiana (witch hazel) pills and acidophilus. He didn't tell me at all what I had or if i should change my diet. I went online and saw that these things are often prescribed with anal fissures and hemorrhoids. should I also start taking sitz baths and preparation h or anything?
jun bug

Topics: 2

Postby val » 15 Sep 2011, 14:29

Hi there,
I agree with hope - a yellow smelly discharge is almost certainly an infection. No dont use prep h, it will make things worse.
Go back to your doc and tell them you think you have an infection - if it is just an infected fissure, then antibiotics will help, if its an abcess or fistula they will calm it down but wont cure it.
Take the softeners and do lots of sitz baths. And if things dont improve, ask to be seen by a colo rectal surgeon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86