Really had enough right now!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Really had enough right now!!!

Postby andy1505 » 16 Sep 2011, 07:29

Ok so just a quick update, still on the Nitro cream, still getting really bad headaches / sleepless nights!!
Fissure is still painful / bleeding and we are now 3 months after Botox!!
Have another follow up on the 7th Oct 2011!!!
Also still separating from my wife after 23 years, so really down and upset at the minute!!!
Need my fissure to heal ASAP and to get myself out of this low mood, to say i am hacked off is a major understatement!!!
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Really had enough right now!!!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 16 Sep 2011, 10:32

Aww Andy, my heart is breaking for you! That's so much to go through all at once. I'm so sorry! It really sucks that your wife is leaving you now, at this horrible time in your life. :(

I'm wondering if it's time to consider an LIS for you. Will you ask your doc about that during your appointment? It just sounds like the botox and nitro aren't working, and the LIS has worked for so many of us. It would be great if you could get past all this and not be in so much pain anymore.
Deleted User 579

Postby andy1505 » 16 Sep 2011, 13:31

Hi hopetoheal
Yes I will be asking for LIS, I also have private health care that I can start using at the end if this month, so this could be a better option.
Life is tough, but I will move on and will get over the separation, it's just really hard right now!!
I will key you know how I get on at the next hospital visit
Thanks for your very kind words
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2011, 20:15

Hi Andy,
Sorry to hear about your marriage. This is definitely not a good time for more stress...
Try and focus on your health right now Andy. That's good news that you have private health care and will be able to use it soon. Hopefully LIS is in the near future!

Postby val » 18 Sep 2011, 13:51

Sorry to hear you're having such a bad time Andy. I hope they can sort things out for you on the 7th. Fingers crossed!
Have you tried diltiazem, instead of the nitro? It doesn't give the headaches in most people.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86