2 months post LlS and fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 2 months post LlS and fissurectomy

Postby Deleted User 579 » 23 Sep 2011, 08:48

Hey Jas! It sounds like you are doing great! From what I've read on this forum, strange sensations are not uncommon for quite a while after surgery. So if your CRS said your butt looks great, then I'd say you're doing brillaintly! :D
I'm sorry I don't have experience with Lexapro, but I was also given anti-anxiety and anti-depression meds and they really helped. I think you'll find that things will begin to improve dramatically once you take the meds and very soon you'll be able to taper off them and put all this behind you.
One thing you might find with the metamucil is that it can make the stools pretty bulky - they'll still be soft, but they could be bigger, so don't panic. Remember to still drink LOTS of water when you use that stuff. :D
Deleted User 579

Re: 2 months post LlS and fissurectomy

Postby Jas » 23 Sep 2011, 15:22

Thanks...weird thing happened today. After my morning BM which was larger but did not hurt at all the LIS site started to itch but more on the outside. And I did notice the smallest I mean smallest speck of blood on the TP. Again it was a nice and painless BM but did notice that. I wonder if it could be because the area just stretched a little more. After looking at the area it looks normal but does have a slight itch every now and then. Do you think that is normal? Weird that it happened less than 24 hours after seeing my CRS. He did give me those hydrocortisone suppositories incase I ever need them. I am afraid to use them though....what is your opinion?
Jas
Salt Bather

Topics: 13