is it an anal fissure ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

is it an anal fissure ?

Postby juniper » 29 Sep 2011, 09:43

Ok guys, here are my symptoms. Please tell me if it sounds like an anal fissure:
Started 2 years ago with some bleeding ( red blood ). It only lasted 2 days.
I feel a dull kind of pain to the right of my anus. Sometimes it is stinging, sometimes it is dull ( ball feeling )
A CSR looked inside and said he did not see anything but a scar 1 inch inside the anus which after touching it, stated bleeding. The bleeding stopped after one day.
When I sit I feel pressure and when I walk, it feels raw.
I dont feel pain when passing stool and I do not lose blood. But if I start eating lots of meat, the pain increases.
I dont have any spasm.
I might feel some relay pain in my groin area.
So, what does it sound like to you ? Fissure ? Fistula ? I am 100% sure it not an abscess.
I had an MRI and a ultrasound, but nothing was found.
juniper
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: is it an anal fissure ?

Postby Deleted User 579 » 29 Sep 2011, 12:03

Hi Juniper - that does sound like a fissure to me, but maybe a superficial one. In my experience, a fistula causes pain that sharp, and sometimes a pinching feeling too. Also, with a fistula, there would be drainage. Pus would come out sooner or later. It's great that you aren't having spasms. That might mean that you can heal more thoroughly. Once the spasms start, the blood flow slows down and it's much harder to heal. That said, not everyone feels the spasms, but they are still happening. Are you using stool softeners and taking hot/warm baths? I'd take very good care of the butt for a good long time to promote healing and not cause any set-backs.
Deleted User 579

Postby dwarfs8 » 29 Sep 2011, 23:42

scar? if so, then it's probably a fissure. If there's no scar, it could be piles... cos i have a combination of problems - piles and fissures, sometimes it's hard to differentiate the pain comes from which. BUT one thing for sure is, fissure give SHARP glass cutting pain during BMs, while piles are more of a stinging, abrasion, rubbing pain.
Watch ur diets now, take sitz baths, apply aloe vera / vit e / horse chestnut cream (if available). Even Prep H or Anusol, may help. U gonna try it out urself, cos different products helps different people.
Hang On, Don't lose hope. That being said, me too!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby UltrabeaT » 30 Sep 2011, 00:12

thanks for the advise guys.
yh ive noticed im taking to much fibre..... before i started taking the prunes and flaxseed oil (lubes your colon apparently) it was getting to the stage where the pain was going and since taking more fibre just by simply eating 5 prunes and dired apricots it has increased dramatically. :(
also i dont know what to eat ive just been eating cous cous and veg for dinner? and what about my sandwiches would tuna cucumber and mayo be okay or would that harden my stool i guess it cant be worse than cheese and ham?
UltrabeaT
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby dwarfs8 » 30 Sep 2011, 00:20

tuna is good as it contains magnesium, which can help to soften stools, just cut down on meats portion, especially beef and pork. Also, skip potato, rice and starchy stuffs.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19