Terrible Pain can anyone help with suggestions please :(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Terrible Pain can anyone help with suggestions please :(

Postby of all the places to hurt » 02 Oct 2011, 08:56

Don't worry the diltiazem is working it just takes alot longer for you to realise it! Trust me! I tried the Rectogesic and couldn't stand the headaches that accompany it?!! Some others liked that cream though! The lidocaine gel (for me) was a waste of effort! There is not enough anaesthetic in it for over the counter purchases. Which is a shame. As if ur unlucky enough to be in hospital, they give u a much stronger version and it numbs everything...heaven!! I am 8/9 months in and have found vaseline, movicol and magnesium supplements are my 3 miracle wonders. By the way, too much fibre in your diet will work against you and hence, produce bigger bms ouch!!! I wud also, use the vaseline between ur diltiazem creaming, drink more water and ditch the ibuprofen for paracetamol. Just my opinion but hope it helps you!
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby of all the places to hurt » 02 Oct 2011, 08:59

Pssst....Using the Diltiazem cream more than u should thins the skin it is applied too. So follow the instructions. This cream is not to be messed with. You cannot use it long term because of its eventual side effects..ie thinning and after a few months it will give ur o the itches from hell....No thanks!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sweetdimple67 » 02 Oct 2011, 09:08

Thanks again you guys all this helps I find paracetomol dont touch the pain I am sitting on a heat pad at the moment will this help? I will have to get some Aloe Vera tomorrow just wish this pain and throbbing would go away and let me sleepx
sweetdimple67
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby of all the places to hurt » 02 Oct 2011, 09:14

Please try Magnesium Supplements! I cannot advocate them enough for relieving totally that awful spasm attack/throbbing.. Then, along with movicol u will be able to sleep and act normal again. I must also add though, that using all of these just subsides our symptoms, as there is an underlying reason/problem why we tear. Constipation or diarhorrea being #1 and having a small o of course!! Image
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sweetdimple67 » 02 Oct 2011, 09:19

Would I be able to take the magnisium supplements being a diabetic and on meds for high blood pressure and thyroid problems? They sound like a dream been reading alot about them today maybe I should pop in my local chemist and ask them how long is it before they start to work? x
sweetdimple67
Fibre Addict

Postby of all the places to hurt » 02 Oct 2011, 10:51

I do have an opinion to your question. But, go see your local pharmacist and ask the question. Not being useless in my response just responsible. Hope u understand x U really won't look back if and when u find out they're absolutely fine to use x Let me know ok!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby dwarfs8 » 02 Oct 2011, 17:58

It's gd to ask a phamacist or doc before u take the supplements since u hav some health issues and already taking some meds. Certain meds will affect the absorption of the supplements or vice versa.
For aloe Vera, try tO get 100% ones without adding of other products.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby sweetdimple67 » 03 Oct 2011, 02:13

Ok going to the chemist shortly to see what they say and if I can get some Aloe can you still use it with the Dilatezem? PAIN WAS INTORABLE LAST NIGHT and opened my bowels before bed hence the no sleep again :( Thanks for all your suggestions I will let you know what they say :D
sweetdimple67
Fibre Addict

Postby dwarfs8 » 03 Oct 2011, 02:17

i didn't use it with tat cream before, anyway, u shld use a q-tip to apply the aloe vera into the anus. Did u do sitz baths after BMs?
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby sweetdimple67 » 03 Oct 2011, 02:48

I have just ordered a Sitz bath should be here in a couple of daysI do bath after a BM it eases it a little but that stinging and throbbing pain never leaves me . I have not took any painkillers for a few hours now but my anxiety levels are so high I feel like my head is goig to explode Image I am on beta blockers so going to take them now see if they can put a stop to it...I take so many tablets during the day for my health problems that I dont know if I am comimng or going Image
sweetdimple67
Fibre Addict