see surgeon who did my colonoscopy today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

see surgeon who did my colonoscopy today

Postby sputnik » 11 Oct 2011, 17:27

hi everyone, a bit depressed. I mad my own appt. to see surgeon 3 weeks ago to discuss my ibd. Anyway i mentioned the fissure to him and he looked and it hurt. I think he opened it as i felt burning right after. He said not sure if healing and if i had come to him 2 weeks ago he would have gave me the nifa cream,, can't spell it. Now he says its chronic and has a skin tag. How could that be, i've only had it 3 weeks. he said to use hemmi cream on it. Also to come back in 6 weeks if it hasn't healed for a surgery. I'm sorry i mentioned the fissure to him. He also said 50% of them heal. My other familydr. seen it right away and didn't poke around like this one. Did he do wrong and he is wrong. But i quess its not healing, still being sore when it poked around there.
sputnik
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Re: see surgeon who did my colonoscopy today

Postby dwarfs8 » 11 Oct 2011, 20:13

I suggest u switch CRS, who shldnt give u hemm cream for fissure. Also I hav skin tag at ard 2/3 weeks
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Re: see surgeon who did my colonoscopy today

Postby StevePain » 12 Oct 2011, 15:25

Hemmy cream for a fissure is ridiculous, why oh why do they think a bit of Anusol will heal a tear in the anus????? It makes me so damn angry Image If anything the cream will only make things worse... You should definitely change CRS' and ask for something with bite, like Diltiazem or Nifedipine, you still have a good chance of healing in the acute stage..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45