Feces stay inside the wound. Any solution?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Feces stay inside the wound. Any solution?

Postby FirstDuke » 12 Oct 2011, 10:02

Hi guys. Today after bm, there is a lot feces stay in the wound. I try using shower and sitz bath using salt water but still can't clean it properly, as after few hour I wash again there is still feces coming out, I think is because today my bm is not tht good, a bit heaty causes the feces become "sticky". I've almost 6 time today keep spray with hot water. But still can't clean it. I think I get infected already as beside my wound is swollen I not sure is the feces still stuck inside or infection actually, but is quite painful when I touch it.
Anyone faces this issue b4? Dressing will helped? actually I never been dressing b4 after this surgery because the doctor keep saying is not necessary.
FirstDuke
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Feces stay inside the wound. Any solution?

Postby Guest » 12 Oct 2011, 12:50

Hey Duke,
It can be quite challenging to keep clean right after surgery. I always did plenty of baths and the hand held shower wand through out the day.
Things can get pretty raw an irritated so it doesn't necessarily mean you have infection. Just keep an eye out for any bumps or pus discharge.
I wouldn't use any dressing either. I think it's a good idea to let that area air out as much as possible while healing.

Postby val » 12 Oct 2011, 13:50

I agree with Dawn - I don't really think that area can ever be totally clean.
It will feel swollen for a while, it's quite slow to heal. Just do your best to keep it clean, and keep an eye on things.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby StevePain » 12 Oct 2011, 15:38

I used cotton wool dipped in luke warm water and dabbed around the anus then gently parted my cheeks and arsehole and with a fresh piece of cotton wool did the same inside, it stung a bit but I knew that it was clean, after that apply some Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly as a protective barrier
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby FirstDuke » 12 Oct 2011, 20:48

Hi guys, thanks for the advices. Is quite relieve after knowing swollen in tht area is common. I think the feces will coming out it self eventually but it takes time, I just keep washing it every two hours, I think the wound is quite deep so can't wash it off 1 or 2 time, feces still coming out, but the quantity after bath today is lesser and I feel more comfort than yesterday.
Luckily today I got constipated -.-!, if not have to go thru again, should let the wound rest for a day ^^
FirstDuke
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2