And one more ?, I'm sorry...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

And one more ?, I'm sorry...

Postby lurker53 » 16 Sep 2011, 09:47

Anyone else have more issues with wiping than with actual BMs? Thanks to Miralax my BMs are soft and painless and there is no blood in the bowl. At home I hop in the shower, use the adjustable head to blast the remnants out and then I am okay overall.
But when I am traveling for work, which is often, there is no adjustable shower head in the hotels I stay in so I am forced to wipe and when I do it stings, takes a few wipes to get clean (soft stools thanks to Miralax) and the area becomes painful and bothered.
I tried staying in handicap accessible rooms before with detachable shower heads but the water pressure is usually awful and the don't have a tub so I can't do my sitz baths.
Anyone else find wiping more painful than going? Sorry to be such a pain and ask so many questions.
lurker53
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Re: And one more ?, I'm sorry...

Postby val » 16 Sep 2011, 13:47

You could try taking a tiny travel bottle of baby oil to pour onto the tissue paper, it would soothe it and clean it without irritation.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby lurker53 » 16 Sep 2011, 22:38

Calmoseptine feels so good back there, I wish I could just use it forever. Stupid CRS said to only use it in emergencies.
lurker53
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Postby of all the places to hurt » 17 Sep 2011, 04:29

Vaseline! It also acts as a barrier too. I wouldn't recommend using baby wipes though?? I know how u feel, I wud be lost without my baths everyday .... Poor you :(
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Jojo1 » 17 Oct 2011, 16:34

Know this is an older thread, but wanted to suggest a travel bidet. Washmate makes a nuce one I got off aazon foraround $16. I use it at work. Fill up with warm water before going into tge stall. I take another water bottle to fill cuz the one is kind of small. Has worked well for me.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34

Postby Sue1962 » 17 Oct 2011, 17:15

I have a round basin(sitz bath) that goes right on the toilet. Although, I don't use it much, puts too much pressure on the area. I am like you, like the hand held shower head way more.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby dwarfs8 » 17 Oct 2011, 18:15

Baby wipes are ok for me, but I usually use a removeable spray head instead. I know the pains of travelling with our condition! Thus I will always use baby wipes if spray is not available. Else just bend over while standing at the tub an let the warm water run. U really don't have to have the water directly on ur anus, just let it run down ur back to ur butt and use ur fingers to gently clean it.
Hope this helps.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19