3 week LIS follow up dr appt today.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3 week LIS follow up dr appt today.

Postby TonyStone » 21 Oct 2011, 08:55

Dr said both site and fissure are healing. He said the surgery site usually heals already but that he was not concerned. Fissure was large and is healing, wants to see me in a month to check. If they are not healed where he would like them to be, he may have me use the Nifidepine again. Overall good, hopefully they will heal more. The pain isn't there anymore so that is good.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: 3 week LIS follow up dr appt today.

Postby jenny2 » 21 Oct 2011, 15:56

glad to hear that you are healing tony and that everything is ok..... :)
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby TonyStone » 21 Oct 2011, 16:18

Thank you
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sue1962 » 21 Oct 2011, 17:11

Congrats!!!! Hope you continue to heal pain free. Question about the Nifedipine. I have that too, but the other day when I applied it, it started burning, not terrible but still. Also my tag was flared up at the time and still is. I think I am gonna soak in some nice hot water an try again tonight. The last time my tag was like this, it really helped. I am not using anything and it is taking my fissure and my tag forever to stop burning and I am in spasm most of the day. Any thoughts??
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby dwarfs8 » 21 Oct 2011, 18:30

glad for u tony, i have heard from the dr frm drwheatgrass that it's possible people have fissures but no symptoms. When my CRS examined me, he saw the fissure is almost healed, but i do not have the pain from it alr.
So, i guess it takes fissure a very looooong time to heal. But as long as there's no pain, we have to thank God for that.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby TonyStone » 21 Oct 2011, 19:23

@sue- I had burning with nitro but no problems with nifedipen. So I guess everyone is different. I might try the nitro again since the pain is gone.
@dwarf. I was a little down about it not healing, but I am going to make sure I am doing the sitz etc. hopefully it will heal up in 4 weeks.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 21 Oct 2011, 22:24

Hey Tony,
I'm not sure about the surgery site, but my CRS said it takes 6 weeks for the fissure to heal. I think the fact that you aren't experiencing pain means you're headed in the right direction. My fissure took 6 weeks :) and as we all know it takes much longer to re-gain strength down there. Sounds like your doing great to me.

Postby Deleted User 579 » 22 Oct 2011, 08:21

Hey Tony! It sounds like things are progressing well. Dawn's right that it takes 6-8 weeks for fissures to heal, and I think that might even be a bit conservative. I learned the hard way that if the incision site heals too quickly, that can cause problems too, so I think you're doing really well. Hang in there! You will be healed up soon and all this will be a distant memory. :D
Deleted User 579

Postby linda » 22 Oct 2011, 09:03

Tony, it's so good to hear you're out of pain! I'm sure the rest of the healing will come.
linda
Salt Bather

Topics: 5