Painful skin tag

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Painful skin tag

Postby Sue1962 » 20 Oct 2011, 05:43

My fissure seems to be calming down, but now I have what I am sure is a skin tag extending just off the rim of the O. WOW!!! the size of a raisin hard, not blue or red, skin colored and burns like hell. I had problems with the colace not working, so had some MOM here and started that Tuesday night. Worked like a charm yesterday...pudding. Last night I only took 2 TBSP and have been twice this morning, first time pudding, second almost water. I can say I don't have the pain with going, just after, from this damn tag, but I don't want to go several times a day is there a happy medium. I am getting Miralax today and try that tonight i have just been too busy to get anywhere and get some. Also, I have heard of fistulas, how do you know if you have one???
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: Painful skin tag

Postby jenny2 » 20 Oct 2011, 07:55

hi sue, i also had trouble after my fissure calmed down with a skin tag that was swollen and red and hurt. when i told the crs that, she told me that she would take off the skin tag at a later date but i had to get my diarrhea under control first. my skin tag has finally calmed down now but for awhile after the fissure it was hurting real bad. crs gave me analpram to put on the skin tag only but i dont think that it helped me very much. i think if skin tag doesnt give me any more trouble i am just going to let it alone and not have it taken off. from what i read the skin tag removal can be very painful and i just dont want to go thru that procedure if i dont have to
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby Sue1962 » 20 Oct 2011, 11:22

Hi Jenny
Uggg! If it's not one thing it's another. I read Dawn's post and said the tag removal was a pain, but not as bad as pre surgery. I just don't know how much longer I can deal with this. I was doing great until May and it has been heal, rip and now this tag. I am on my feet all day at work, advil helps some but what a pain in the butt!!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby jenny2 » 20 Oct 2011, 11:37

i know how you feel. i was all prepared to just get the lis surgery and skin tag removal but my fisher has healed. i went back to the crs 2 times after fisher healed for the skin tag problem before i actually felt better. i dont know how anyone can work and deal with fisher problems really, i had to quit working when my problems started, i just couldnt deal with it. most days and nights i would sit here with a ice back on my butt and just stress out because i couldnt deal with all the pain.. it is a nightmare. the worst summer of my life...
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jenny2 » 20 Oct 2011, 12:12

sue there is some good postings from another person on here called BUMMER that had skin tags removed. if ya want to read about their experiences. i dont know how to link or i would do it.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sue1962 » 20 Oct 2011, 19:55

Thanks Jenny!!! I will look. I wish I didn't have to work, but then again I am a type A and would go crazy home. I am an OB/Gyn nurse and love my job. I did miss 3 days in June b/c I just couldn't be away from my sitz bath. this week totally sucked, but I made it through. I actually made an appt with my surgeon today for consultation. I just can't deal with it anymore. I don't know we'll see about the skin tag. It is driving me nuts. I can feel it when I stand, sit and the pain is incredible. Thanks for the info on Bummer, will try to find it. Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby deb » 23 Oct 2011, 10:19

Hi Sue, my name is deb and i read a recent post of yours stating that your skin tag is possibly more painful than your fissure. That is the position I believe I am in. I have pain throughout the day off and on when doing any movement it sometimes feels like a knife or pins and needles feeling. My skin tag has definately grown in past couple months and even today seems bigger. Most people don't feel much from their tags which makes me wonder if something else could be wrong. I am hoping that you have similar symptoms as me it would be a great reassurance to know I am on the right track with what is going wrong with my body as I meet with GP tues and surgeon Nov 8. Thanks for you time and sorry to hear about your pain. It truly is impossible to imagine unless you have experienced it.
deb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 23 Oct 2011, 16:37

Hey Deb,
I'd just like to say I had a horrible skin tag before my surgery and It was very painful. Just looking at it and thinking my next BM had to come from where it was horrified me. I have no idea why they say it develops to try and protect the fissure... It darn sure doesn't do anything but make it worse :roll:
I read your other post and your description of your skin tag, fissure symptoms sound so familiar to me. My heart goes out to you. I was in the bath, on a heating pad and laying down all day before getting my surgery. I totally understand what it does to your life! Everything else is on the back burner when you are in pain... Hang in there! I'm not sure how you feel about surgery but it really gave me my life back.

Postby deb » 23 Oct 2011, 18:06

Thanks Dawn for the information...it really makes me feel like I am not so alone. I actually am ready for the surgery. I would do it tonight if I could. I meet with CRS nov 8th. So glad your surgery went well and it gives me hope. If all of you can tough it out until surgery then so can I. Thanks again for the kinds words...they are SO appreciated.
deb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby jenny2 » 23 Oct 2011, 20:07

hey Deb you are not alone with the skin tag ordeal, i also have one leftover from a fissure and trying to figure out if i should try to get the thing taken off or just live with it. i am not sure what i am gonna do yet with mine, just depends how much trouble it gives me in the future. it is painful but not to the point that i had with the fissure. good luck with your appts..
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist