skin tag removal in office? opinions

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

skin tag removal in office? opinions

Postby jenny2 » 21 Oct 2011, 08:46

i called another crs that has alot of experience with skin tag removal and they want to see me for a possible in office surgical removal of the skin tag. that kind of worries me in office removal of the skin tag. so i didnt make the appt. i would rather have the skin tag taken off at the hospital. i dont know what does everyone think? i dont know i think this skin tag is going to keep causing me trouble in the future but to have a in office procedure done is scary?
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Re: skin tag removal in office? opinions

Postby Guest » 21 Oct 2011, 11:03

Hi Jenny,
It can be done in the office, with just numbing shots. I'm agreeing that doesn't sound like anything I would want to do! I know a few boardies weren't able to choose anesthesia. Those shots sound painful to me, plus the anxiety of knowing what's being done just doesn't sound too pleasant. Image
I prefer the anesthesia myself!!

Postby jenny2 » 21 Oct 2011, 15:54

thanks for answering dawn, i dont think i am going to go to him because of wanting to do it in office, i just wont be able to handle that anxiety. no way.. Image
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jenny2 » 25 Oct 2011, 08:43

well i decided to go to crs number 3 this doctor and talk to him about the skin tag removal procedure, i am going to make it clear to him that i dont want the tag taken off in the office really, but will see what he says. i have been thru 2 crs doctors and they just dont help me with this skin tag issue and i am getting tired of it, so i am getting another opinion next week. i know he does procedures at the hospital as out patient so they can schedule me there if i have to have this taken off. i just want to get better, i am so dang burnt out on butt problems and feel like i am going in circles with these crs's. i am not going to live in pain with this skin tag the rest of my life and not be able to have a life...
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby WaitingForHealing » 26 Sep 2012, 17:53

If you're still there, what happened with this?
WaitingForHealing

Topics: 1