Long Time Sufferer, glad to find others

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Long Time Sufferer, glad to find others

Postby TonyStone » 10 Oct 2011, 18:03

More often, the LIS surgery is used. LIS is usually done with a general anesthetic on an outpatient basis. In the procedure, a portion of the anal canal muscle is cut. The fissure itself is not removed, but any muscle spasms in the anus sphincter will be relieved. This will allow the fissure to heal at a cure rate of more than 90%.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby sputnik » 11 Oct 2011, 22:53

welcome sue, and so sorry about you father
sputnik
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby Sue44 » 25 Oct 2011, 13:54

just to let you know I had my colonoscopy yesterday. The good news is no polyps were found, so I am very relieved. He did say to me at my initial consultation that I do have internal piles, so this must be what is bleeding when I go. I haven't got a fissure at the moment either, which is a blessed relief too. I have a follow up appointment on 14th Nov, but he said I don't need to see him, unless I want to. I think I will see how the next few weeks go, before I decide whether to or not. Perhaps I could ask him how I can get rid of the internal piles, or do you think that's best sorted out by my GP?
Sue44
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 25 Oct 2011, 17:00

Great news about the colonoscopy Sue44 and no fissure! Image
I'm not sure about the internal hemms. I wonder if they could just be banded or something simple Image
I got rid of that double post for you ,Lol! :)

Postby Sue1962 » 25 Oct 2011, 17:38

Hi Sue
My name is Sue from the USA. I am sorry you are going through this, but good news, no fissure and colonoscopy clear. My mom died in 2002 from colon cancer. I go every 5 years for colonosopies. Both times clear!! just an internal hemmi and diverticulosis. I have been dealing with this for about 3 yrs. Rip tear I hate it. I actually put off going to the Dr when this first happend b/c I was scared he was going to tell me I had colon cancer!! I was scared as hell. It was a fissure and I was relieved but in severe pain!! I was so happy to find this forum and get help from people I don't even know. I love them all!!! I am going for consultation on Nov 8th and then hopefully surgery not long after that. Some of the people who have had surgery come back and help us the ones still trying to heal without surgery. I have read enough and I am done with this pain and not being able to ride my Harley only when my fissure tells me I can...LOL. So I am gonna go ahead and have the surgery. Hopefully, I will be one of them...a success story and living a normal life again. Hope you feel better soon.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36