just need to vent

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

just need to vent

Postby sputnik » 25 Oct 2011, 23:10

i just feel so down and still kicking myself for using my finger to take out stool and now this. I have heard of fissure through my ibd support group but didn't pay much attention to it. I cannot imagine how some of you have this for so many years. I've had mine for a little over 6 weeks and its driving my crazy, not painwise but i want it gone. I have to schedule everything around my bm's. I have to make sure i have one before i go anywhere so i can soak after. I can't sit for long periodsas it burns. Iam one of the scarest person to have a surgery, i've never had major ones, just mole removal and colonoscopy. I certainly will be dr's worst patient if i have to have lis. I'm seeing family dr. tomorrow to check as its not improving and slightly more pain, but manageable. i feel like an alien, as i did before with my ibd, but feel more of it now. its just unbeliebable for a tiny cut to cause all this. I wonder if they will ever have a immediate cure for it.
sputnik
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Re: just need to vent

Postby TonyStone » 26 Oct 2011, 00:50

I feel for you, mole removal and colonoscopy were the only procedures I have had before this too. I was pretty scared but I got through it and you will to if it comes down to it.
Good luck.
Tony
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: just need to vent

Postby StevePain » 27 Oct 2011, 05:40

sputnik wrote:i just feel so down and still kicking myself for using my finger to take out stool and now this.

I still use this method on occasion for removing stool because if I don't then it burns and irritates like crazy, I thought I was the only one! My explanation for this is that the rectum becomes super sensitive with a fissure in there so every little bit of fecal matter irritates it like hell, it's a complete nightmare to be honest.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45