external fissure...?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: external fissure...?

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2007, 20:26

I am a big baby and I must say it is no big deal. I only had some bleeding on one of the four and I went for a run the next day after the most recent one. But like the CRS said to me as he was doing it...."I didn't just kiss your a#$"

Postby buttgirl » 18 Sep 2007, 09:22

byfmb, your doc is funny. Thanks for the comfort.
Lecia, thanks too. unfortunately, this is not the one that has been bothering me. That one is almost healed--I think the same thing that happened to me happened to you there. This one feels like it's at the tippy top of the old cut from the surgery. I think it's internal because it's way up there and all I feel is a dull soreness after bm-like a tailbone ache. I had been thinking this was part of the surgery cut soreness, but now that the cut is healed (or so it feels) and that pain is still there, I think it is a hemmie I was dealing with. I certainly had a lot of swelling and even saw a little one. It deflated as the swelling went down, but I'm sure there were more than that one tiny one.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 18 Sep 2007, 09:32

Does it come out when you go to the bathroom at all? Do you have any bleeding?
I just don't get why we have problems with hemorrhoids. I know we both eat well and don't strain. I have heard there is a genetic link. Does it run in your family?

Postby buttgirl » 18 Sep 2007, 10:05

No. There is no bleeding and it doesn't come out during bm.

You're right. It's so frustrating. I don't strain when going. If I have a slow poo, sometimes I'll sit for a while and rock back on forth to get things moving down. But I don't force it and I don't push.

My dad has hemmies. His don't really seem to bother him though, just on occasions when he has strained and then maybe only for a week. I never had any problem with these until the surgery. I wish that my drs would have listened to me and given me metronidazole cream for the infection like someone else got.....
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 18 Sep 2007, 10:55

That stinks that all of this could have been avoided with a simple cream. That is just ridiculous!
You mentioned (I think) maybe seeing a TCM doctor at some point? Did you ever do that?
Let me know what you decide about the banding. I know my CRS does banding and photocoagulation at the same time for maximum benefits but she is the only one that I have ever seen do both at the same time. If yours is too small for banding you might want to do the sclerotherapy. I know way too much about hemorrhoids.

Postby buttgirl » 18 Sep 2007, 16:59

I will keep both options in mind tomorrow. I haven't gone the TCm route yet. I am doing research to find the best one nearby, but it is really difficult to find out who is the best qualified.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 29 Sep 2007, 13:15

I was just reading up on this subject and came across a treatment I had never heard of before: "Monopolar direct current therapy." Has anyone ever heard of this?
Also, what are the treatments for external hemmies? I find that almost all the treatments out there are for internal hemmies. Is this because external hemmies tend not to be as bad as internal hemmies...when they get bad.
Thanks!

Postby Guest » 29 Sep 2007, 13:26

Hi,
I actually have had this done and it seemed to work fine temporarily but then the hemorrhoid came back. But it did "buy me some time" so to speak. I found it more uncomfortable than banding because they have to hold the current there for 10 minutes. I think also I might have had this done too often because it left an ulcer inside that was very painful. But I think it is worth looking into for internal hemmies.
You are right, there isn't much in the way of treatment for external hemmies which when thrombosed (as I had last month) is extremely painful. They can excise the blood clot at your doctor's which can relieve the swelling. I was told that anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen (800 mg x 3 times a day) can help with the swelling.