stigmoidoscopy?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: stigmoidoscopy?

Postby Guest » 29 Sep 2007, 11:07

That was nice of you to share your experience with us!
Thank you!

Postby val » 29 Sep 2007, 11:56

Hi,
yes, thank you for that! It's great to know a procedure in detail so an informed decision can be made. I don't think I fancy the sound of it!
How long have you been suffering with yousr?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 29 Sep 2007, 12:58

many years of Hems, with subsequent pain & burning after they had cleared up.........may be 15-20 yrs.
as a man & quite embarrased about these things I neglected to do anything, but after loosing 3 stone in weight this year & having repeat episodes I asked my doc, he gave me different cream which was of no use, returned & he referred me to the concultant, examine confirming fissure & suggested F.S., all within 8 weeks.........astounding for the NHS...........just wish I'd have done it years ago.
Although slightly painful, when your flare-up has settled I would suggest you have the F.S. as it does eliminate some other quite severe causes.
hope this helps
pete

Postby Guest » 29 Sep 2007, 13:01

I have also been prescribed Analgesic Ointment, as I have not had a significant episode yet, I presume it works, however, I do suffer from really bad headaches from it with occasional dizziness.........which are known side effects...........hopefully this wont be neccesary for long
Pete

Postby val » 30 Sep 2007, 14:24

Is it called rectogesic?That's nitroglycerin and gives you bad headaches.I asked my doctor for anoheal, which is diltiazem and it's really good, and no headache side effects. It takes a long time to get it from our chemists though-up to 3 weeks as it is a special order! But it's well worth waiting for. I put in repeat prescriptions for 2 at a time and then you don't run out of it.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion