PLEASE HELP with ??'s CRS appt. this Weds!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

PLEASE HELP with ??'s CRS appt. this Weds!

Postby aeg » 07 Nov 2011, 10:41

Hi All,
I got up the courage to go see my CRS again and discuss whether or not it is time to have the surgery. Any help you have with questions that are important to ask would be much appreciated. How do I go about finding out if he is a qualified surgeon in a way that is not offensive?? Also just curious what I should ask about surgery in general-I'm pretty clueless. Thanks.
aeg
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: PLEASE HELP with ??'s CRS appt. this Weds!

Postby Away PITA! » 08 Nov 2011, 11:40

You want to know how many he/she has done and what their success rate is. Before I even asked the question my CRS said "I've done hundreds of these and I don't have anyone in diapers or wanting a refund" and then he said "after surgery you may have a minor control issue with gas from time to time and sometimes you might feel 'less than clean' back there but that is as bad as it gets". So far (almost 3 weeks) he's been right on with everything he's said. AND I feel like I'm right on schedule with my healing. Best my booty has felt in YEARS!
Congrats on taking this big step!!!
Away PITA!
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: PLEASE HELP with ??'s CRS appt. this Weds!

Postby Savaici » 08 Nov 2011, 13:12

This was a post that JoJo1 put up on questions to ask the CRS. I am going to ask some of them when I have my appointment at the Cleveland Clinic. My worries are how many LIS ops done, whether the surgeon 'packs' gauze into the wound (if wound is the right word). For some reason the packing bit is something I don't like, but have not researched much more than some doctors don't do it.
Anyway, this is the link, and very good luck with your appointment!
http://anal-fissure.org/t3734-my-questions-for-crs-on-monday
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222