Hay there~

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hay there~

Postby Bella Paradise » 18 Nov 2011, 23:58

My name is Katie. I'm 20 years old and I live in Maryland. Image And this icon is hilarious.
I think I'm experiencing my first fissure ever. I feel so abnormal and embarrassed. I live with my boyfriend, luckily I was able to... uh... share what I'm going through. I hope he doesn't mind too much, haha.
My fissure has been going on for a long time, only that I had no idea it was a fissure until I decided to go to the doctor after my pain got worse. I actually just went to the doctor last night. She said she didn't want to "poke around too much", gave me a really expensive steroid that I haven't been able to fill yet, and referred me to a GI. When I got home, I was able to find the problem myself. Yep, looks like a fissure. Its pretty, uh, close in regards to where it is. I'm not quite sure what to do in order to make it go away home remedy wise. I bought generic drug store stool softeners and I'm not sure if it did anything cause my bowl movement still felt like it was ripping me a new one, hahaha.
I was thinking about going to bed and try olive oil AND mineral oil. I also bought Fiber vitamins since I'm on a terrible college kid diet, and it might be hard to get enough fiber in my system. I'm just afraid of taking a crap, to be honest. It hurt so much tonight. I'm just scared that if I keep going to the bathroom, it'll just get worse. I know I can't hold it in, but I don't know what to do. And I'm SCARED CRAPLESS of surgery! Also, hoping that I'm too young to start something like that...
Anyway, I'm happy I found this forum. I never thought such a thing would exist. I hope people are still active and able to lend a hand.
Bella Paradise
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Hay there~

Postby dwarfs8 » 19 Nov 2011, 09:07

hi, you may like to know more about healing naturally if you haven't decide on getting botox or surgery. Search the thread "my success story". Let us know if you have any questions and continue on using the cream that CRS has given you pls. Also, have you tried sitz bath? That can help a lot too.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 19 Nov 2011, 19:16

Hey Bella,
I would ditch the expensive steroid cream. It won't do anything for a fissure. In fact it could make it worse. I was also prescribed that by the ER and my CRS said to throw it away. It also burnt horribly when I applied it.
Diet is really important. I know it sucks but this will be the key to healing. You will be pretty much forced to develop better eating habits once you get a fissure.
Also, not sure what stool softener you got but it's going to be in your best interest to go with a good one. Many of us have found Miralax to be the life-saver. It seems to be just fine even in the generic brands of it.
Fiber is tricky when taken in supplements.Some of us have found it makes bm's bulky and hard to pass with a fissure. There are different brands which you may have to tinker with to see what will work best for you. I was told powder is better than pills by my CRS, that pills can make inconsistent softness in poop Image . I chose to eat the fiber and just take a stool softener, but a whole different scenario may work for you since none of are a like with what works. The main thing you want to do is avoid any sharp foods that wont digest well, red meat and dairy that can cause harder bm's or constipate.
Good luck!

Postby Bella Paradise » 20 Nov 2011, 23:11

Oh man, I hope it helps. I just got the prescription the other day, ugh. I mean, it feels like its helping. I'm taking the stool softner and mineral oil. Its been getting softer but still, uh, big enough to hurt. But not as bad as before Image I'm trying to figure out how to make this go away if its a continuous thing, you know?
Bella Paradise
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2011, 08:17

Hey Bella,
Yes it is definitely a continued effort! Quite exhausting!!
I'm not sure what stool softener you are taking but thought I should mention in-case you don't know already- if it's Docusate Sodium, you may want to Google mixing it with Mineral oil. The two aren't suppose to be used at the same time.

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2011, 08:31

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dioctyl_sodium_sulfosuccinate
Docusate should not be used in addition to mineral oil as the emulsifier will result in mineral oil being absorbed rather than functioning as a lubricant for the bowel walls, possibly resulting in foreign body granulomas. The substance might also increase resorption of other drugs, for example dantron (1,8-dihydroxyanthraquinone).[7]
http://www.drugs.com/ppa/docusate.html
Mineral oil
Docusate may increase absorption of mineral oil from GI tract, leading to toxicity.

Postby Bella Paradise » 21 Nov 2011, 09:31

Oh... well wtf...
I guess I won't be taking the mineral oil. This is so confusing Image
Bella Paradise
Fibre Addict

Postby dwarfs8 » 21 Nov 2011, 20:48

actually taking mineral oil is never good i read. It will hinder the absorption of nutrients from food if i'm not wrong...
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19