My surgery experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My surgery experience

Postby Jojo1 » 06 Nov 2011, 15:24

So true. I have learned some patience in this process. I'm gonna just try and be patient. Very, very . . . VERY slowly slack off on the softening regimen. Ive seen several people on this board even have retears by stopping the regimen too much or too soon. Ive heard it takes a couple years for that area to be fully restored. Two years is a long tike when you're waiting for water to boil, but I'm gonna use that time wisely. Im going for full recovery.
I already know miralx, water and fiber will be a part of my daily regimen for life, so it's just a matter of perfecting the dose. Baby steps.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34

Postby Jojo1 » 10 Nov 2011, 12:53

Well, to update you . . . there may be a hitch in the road. My surgeon's office requires you come in a meet the anesthesiologist prior to your procedure and I did that this morning. She advised me that due to the recent episode of pulmonary embolism, they will move this to the hospital instead of the surgery center. Good news is that is my preference, bad news is that it will need to be rescheduled I don't know how much of a delay it is.
Time is blocked out at the hospital for him, but whether he's available or has another procedure . . . you get the picture. I'm ready to do this now, mentally and emotionally . . . so I'm on hold today. They're supposed to let me know before the day is out, which is key considering our offices are closed for Veteran's day tomorrow and I'm scheduled to be out next week. I need to let'em know what's what TODAY.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jojo1 » 15 Nov 2011, 06:19

Update, I had to raise a little cain cuz they were talking chtistmas week and in the meantime I had to rush my cat to the vet and ended up having to put her to sleep. On the weepy ride home, got the call they could do it the ext day. So here I am on the mirning of my surgery, counting the hours. I'll et you know how it goes.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sue1962 » 15 Nov 2011, 06:39

Awww. I am so sorry about your cat. It seems as though when it rains it pours!! Good luck today Jojo, I am sure you will be fine as far as the surgery goes. I have read many of your posts and you seem well prepared!!! Pleas keep us informed, when you are up to it. Again, I am sorry for your loss.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Jojo1 » 19 Nov 2011, 22:13

Well, its been four days. Ive not had any bleeding and only some mild stinging with bms. Stopped taking any pain meds yesterdwy. Stools still very soft and not quite formed. I am very slowly reducing the amount of miralax, but keeping everything else the same. Wondering about the benefit of starting my day with a dose of the mineral oil regularly.
Do still have a small discharge, so keeping small gauze placed and changing it regularly. I have been going more often since the pipes opened up Thursday and I wonder when that will settle down.
So I am just taking it day by day for now. Will keep you posted.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby dwarfs8 » 20 Nov 2011, 03:07

jojo, think u r healing v nicely, keep it up!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Jojo1 » 23 Nov 2011, 06:57

Alrighty, then. I am a week out from surgery and doing well, I think. The itching has started and I am just uding A&D with aloe. Some of the itching is healing, I know. But some of it is tge same as I have had the past couple of years where rubbibg the area probably made me more susceptible to the fissure. Gonna ask my doc when I see him next week. So far the ointment is helping. Still have hd no bleeding, but things still soft so gonna continue backing off the softeners and adjusting for the right regularity.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist