Looking for anything positive

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Looking for anything positive

Postby jerrymac » 27 Nov 2011, 17:49

To those who have healed without surgery: How can you tell you are making progress? I understand that a decrease in pain would be an obvious answer - but it is it? Might a sustained decrease or even lack of any blood on the clean up be a good sign? I am hoping to spot/feel some early good signs to build on. My fissure is 7 weeks old. I was diagnosed over a week ago and it resulted from a nasty 'roid. My diet and routine weren't horrible in the first six weeks as I was nursing what I thought was a slow healing 'roid but had I known it was a fissure I surely would have done much more. I am hoping my efforts aren't too late to do any good. 10 days into this intense program, I can safely say the pain is not as bad but not sure if that really means anything. Any feedback is welcome. Thank you so very much
PS - I did have a minor positive as it was the first day in 10 days I didn't sob myself to sleep.
jerrymac
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Looking for anything positive

Postby dwarfs8 » 27 Nov 2011, 19:50

hi jerry, not sure if u have read the thread "my success story", i healed myself using those tips i have posted. It's important to do all those tips together for me, which i developed into a regime and took me about 1-2 months before the healing really come to stay. Prior to that, i was clueless about healing, very depressed, until to the point of suicide, as all energy, all joy, all life is being sucked out of me. I couldn't have sex or enjoy sex with my hubby, he don't even dare to touch me i would say. I can't walk or sit or stand without pain.
I stucked with the regime for 2 months, and saw that my fissure pain has reduced during and after BM, until i don't feel any pain anymore. Also, my spasms has reduced as days passed, and most noticeably, i can sit much comfortably without fidgeting constantly. I can start walking bigger steps, and putting back that bounce in them. However, i do have prolapsed piles now after the fissure (not severe as my CRS said), but it's nothing as painful as it. It's more of feeling a pressure sometimes than pain, and when it prolapse, it does have a little pain and is uncomfortable. So i guess i won't ever stop eating fiber, plenty of water and my best friend would be my prune juice!
So, remember healing can be slow. Don't count it by days, count them in weeks. If you notice some positive hues last week, it's probably bcos u were doing something right. Stick to that and continue for another few weeks. Like me, you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19