Hoping this is not anything serious?

Raised red bump

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hoping this is not anything serious?

Postby monkeybutt812 » 18 Mar 2017, 08:13

Hey guys,

So I noticed a raised red bump on the skin around my anus and it's definitely not something I had before. I'm hoping it's an ingrown hair or maybe just skin irritation. I really hope it's not the beginning of an abscess or boil.

I've mentioned this before in several of my posts but I have a ton of hair around my anus and I do trim it down periodically to make it it easier to clean.

Is tea tree oil a good thing to try? I used a bit of witch hazel to see if that would help any, idk that it did.

Uhh the last thing I need is another problem with my butt! Please help if you can.
monkeybutt812
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Hoping this is not anything serious?

Postby monkeybutt812 » 19 Mar 2017, 07:04

Maybe I'm being a little paranoid, but it's never fun to find a new lump. I'm currently doing a lot of sitting, and as I also have mentioned before, I seem to get sore just from sitting. I'm not having any severe pain or discharge, but definitely have a raised cylindrical area of skin that I didn't before. I guess I'll keep an eye on it and hope for the best. I know this is how some people described the beginning of a boil/abscess, which is why I'm a bit concerned.
monkeybutt812
Salt Bather

Topics: 10