Hoping for LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Hoping for LIS

Postby Talesofmytail » 16 Nov 2018, 17:34

Hi fellow fissure babies,
This is my first post, but I've been lurking since my fissure was diagnosed by my CRS on September 27th of this year.
I was given the diltiazem 2% which hasn't yielded any results as far as pain relief or healing.
My CRS recommended Botox following two weeks of ineffective treatment with the diltiazem, but my nasty insurance company denied it.
Now the plan is to wait until I've been on the diltiazem for a full 60 days (of unmanaged pain, yay!) :butthurts: in order to appease the insurance company and then resubmit the authorization.
My next appointment with my CRS is this coming Monday and to be honest, I'm going to attempt to avoid the Botox and advocate for going right to the LIS. I've heard mixed reviews about the Botox and I feel like I can't wait another few months to start living my life again.
I'm currently on short-term disability ( :wtf: for a cut on my bottom, who would have thought?!) and am anxious to get back to work as I am slowly depleting my savings and am about to go bonkers with not being able to hike, workout, have sex with my partner etc. Oh and also, I feel like I'm taking a ridiculous amount of medication:
Acetaminophen 3500 mg daily
Gabapentin 900 mg daily
Trazodone 25 mg at bedtime
Charlotte's Web CBD oil twice daily
Valium as needed
Klonopin as needed
Things that don't seem to help me are the lidocaine gel and sitz baths.
Anyway, does anyone have an opinion on circumventing the Botox and going right to LIS and what are you folks doinvg for pain relief? If you made it through this novel of a post, thanks for reading and happy healing! :thecat:
Began suffering: 9/6/18
Dx'd with fissure: 9/27/18
Began diltiazem & Miralax: 9/27/18
Began physical therapy: 10/26/18
Acupuncture: 12/08 - 12/22/18
Began nifedapine: 12/29/18
Dx'd with small, superficial abscess, started Cipro & Flagyl: 1/2/19
Talesofmytail
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Re: Hoping for LIS

Postby Okaybum » 16 Nov 2018, 21:49